By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Gosford.
|Race 1 - 12:55PM TAPERELL RUTLEDGE SOLICITORS 2YO MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
3. Island Press wasn’t suited over 1300m last start when he was clearly looking for further. Was doing his best work on the line. The gelding gets his chance at his fourth career start out to the mile. The map is a little tricky, however.
Dangers: David Payne’s first starter 6. Son Of Emperor is worth consideration. Did enough in his trials and this is a winnable race. His stablemate 7. Chitabe brings Saturday form to the table and should also relish the extra trip.
How to play it: Island Press WIN ($2.90 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 1:35PM INDUSTREE GROUP PROV & CTRY MAIDEN PLATE (1100 METRES)|
3. Tocomah was a beaten favourite on debut as en even money favourite but his run still had merit. Has been back to the trials and he went like a rocket. The blinkers go on here. The only knock is the wide draw, otherwise, looks his race to lose.
Dangers: Respect that 6. Haven was heavily backed first up at Newcastle, his first start for Will Freedman. He ran third but there’s less depth here. Back to 1100m is some query, however.
How to play it: Tocomah WIN ($2 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 2:10PM CENTRAL COAST GRANITE 3YO MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
7. Warmth was an expensive filly and she has lived up to her price tag in her trials. Two back she matched motors with five time winner Big Parade before winning a trial at Hawkesbury. Expecting her to start closer to even money.
Dangers: 5. Bailieston kept chasing over this same track and trip first up. Has the speed to hold a prominent position. Can only run well again. 8. Dreamline is rarely far away and has the home track advantage.
How to play it: Warmth WIN ($2.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 4 - 2:46PM PLUIM GROUP CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
1. Conglomerate ran in a Listed race on debut at Randwick but was deep throughout before winning at Gosford at start number two, back in grade. Has trialled up twice and Peter and Paul Snowden have found a winnable first up assignment.
Dangers: 4. Rubinocchi is worth another chance back to provincial company. Won well at Kembla first up prior to running eighth at Randwick. Assume she rolls forward to be handy in the run.
How to play it: Conglomerate WIN ($3.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:25PM TANTI FINANCIAL SERVICES MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
4. Regal Pom drops back from city class where he posted to respectable efforts on heavy tracks. Sat outside of the lead at Canterbury last start so he’ll put himself into a spot again from the middle draw.
Dangers: 7. Never Cry snuck up the fence late at Randwick last start in what should prove to be a deep midweek race. This is significantly easier. Perhaps the heavy track was to blame for 3. Own The Night’s poor showing last start.
How to play it: Regal Pom EACH WAY ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:05PM EVE ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATIONS BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
4. Phoenix Global has a fitness edge on most of his key rivals here and he hasn’t been beaten far in town at his last two starts. Has tactical speed so he’ll put himself into a prominent position and the blinkers go back on.
Dangers: 6. Sammy resumes a gelding and will be coming hardest late. It’s just whether the 1200m will be a touch sharp. 3. Bojack has claims but is well found in what looks an open race.
How to play it: Phoenix Global EACH WAY ($12 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 7 - 4:40PM SNEDDON BROS CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
3. Texcel is a progressive three-year-old capable of going through the grades now he is getting out in trip. Won as he was expected to last start at Goulbourn having caught the eye in deeper races first and second up. Stick with him.
Dangers: 4. Chateaux Park will be charging late. Just missed over 1300m last start and the last time he ran over the mile he finished two lengths off Zing at Randwick. Ran second to Sky Lab last campaign too.
How to play it: Texcel WIN ($3 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT