The eyes of the racing world will focus on Sydney’s Royal Randwick this Saturday for the third running of the world’s richest race on turf, the incomparable $14 million TAB Everest.
Spectacular Sydney spring weather and a 45-minute concert in the Theatre Of The Horse after the last race from international star Kelly Rowland – included in all general admission tickets – will be part of a huge day of racing and entertainment.
Only 5500 General Admission tickets remain for sale online or can be purchased at the gates on Saturday.
This Saturday’s The TAB Everest has attracted the strongest field of 12 sprinters in the history of Australian racing including:
* Dual defending champion Redzel looking for a remarkable three-peat for trainers Peter and Paul Snowden and jockey Kerrin McEvoy;
* Coolmore’s international runner Ten Sovereigns, the highest-rated internationally trained sprinter ever to race in Australia for trainer Aidan O’Brien and superstar jockey Ryan Moore;
* The world’s equal-second highest-rated sprinter Santa Ana Lane, the current TAB fixed odds favourite for trainer Anthony Freedman and jockey Mark Zahra;
* Two runners from the world’s biggest racing operation Goldpohin in Alizee and Trekking, for trainer James Cummings and jockeys Hugh Bowman and Josh Parr;
* Three runners from Sydney’s nine-time premiership-winning trainer Chris Waller, Arcadia Queen (James McDonald), Nature Strip (Tim Clark) and three-year-old colt Yes Yes Yes (Glen Boss);
* Pierata for popular Warwick Farm pair trainer Greg Hickman and jockey Tommy Berry;
* Royal Randwick trainer Les Bridge with the flashy grey Classique Legend, looking to add an Everest to the trainer's Golden Slipper and Melbourne Cup trophies in a nearly 60-year career, and jockey Tim Clark;
* Multiple Group 1-winning mare Sunlight with an all-female ownership group, and leading trainer Tony McEvoy and his son Calvin, and jockey Luke Currie, and
* In Her Time for leading Newcastle trainer Kris Lees and top Sydney jockey Brenton Avdulla.
Collectively, the field of 12 has won 22 Group 1 races between them and more than $42 million prizemoney.
The $14 million TAB Everest is race 7 – due to start at 4.15pm – as part of a huge 10-race card starting from 12.30pm. Click here to view the latest TAB market for the race.
Perfect Sydney spring weather this week has helped bring the Royal Randwick track to a Good 4 rating ahead of Saturday.
A full track report with Royal Randwick Racecourse Manager, Michael Wood, and ATC General Manager Racecourses, Nevesh Ramdhani, can be viewed below.
Travel on all NSW Transport Services to and from Royal Randwick is included in the price of general admission tickets as well as for ATC Members carrying annual cards.
Australian Turf Club Chief Executive, Jamie Barkley, said Sydney and Royal Randwick would be showcased to the world on Saturday.
“The TAB Everest will be the focus of the racing world here in Sydney for all of our great city and its people to enjoy in the best of Sydney weather,’’ Mr Barkley said.
“This will be another huge moment in the history of Australian sport at world-famous Royal Randwick."
Gates for General Admission customers open at 10.15am this Saturday (9.45am Australian Turf Club Members).
Royal Randwick offers free parking in the infield via High Street, and if full, extra parking areas via Driver Avenue in Moore Park. For all racing, general, and ticketing information go to theraces.com.au