Licensed jockey Glyn Schofield lodged an appeal against conviction and penalty after being found guilty by Racing NSW Stewards under AR137(a) after his ride on New Universe in Race 7 (LANDER TOYOTA LADIES DAY CUP 1400m) at Hawkesbury Racecourse on Thursday 8th Novemeber, 2018.
Following a Stewards inquiry on this date, Mr Schofield was suspended for a period commencing Sunday, 18 November 2018 and to expire on Saturday, 1 December 2018 on which day he may ride.
The appeal was heard on Thursday, 15 November 2018 by the Racing Appeals Panel presided by Mr T. Hale SC at the offices of Racing NSW commencing at 9:30am.
The Panel gave the following orders:
1. Appeal against finding of breach of AR137(a) dismissed.
2. Finding of breach of AR137(a) confirmed.
3. Appeal against severity of penalty allowed.
4. In lieu of a 7 meeting penalty, a 6 meeting penalty is imposed. The penalty commences on 18 November 2018 and concludes on 30 November 2018, on which day the appellant may ride.
5. Appeal deposit forfeited.