Licensed jockey Robyn Freeman-Key lodged an appeal against penalty and conviction after being found guilty by Racing NSW Stewards under AR131(a) after her ride on Royal Casino in Race 6 (Elders Mother’s Day Classic Benchmark 58 Handicap, 1200m) at Moruya Racecourse on Saturday, 20 April 2019.
Following a Stewards inquiry, Mrs Freeman-Key was suspended for a period commencing Monday, 29 April and to expire on Monday, 6 May 2019 on which day she may ride. This Appeal was heard on Tuesday, 30 April 2019 commencing at 10am.
The Panel gave the following orders:
1. Appeal against finding of breach AR131(a) dismissed
2. Finding of breach of AR131(a) confirmed
3. Appeal against severity of penalty allowed
4. Three-meeting suspension set aside, and in lieu thereof, a penalty of a one meeting suspension is imposed, that penalty commencing on 29 April and to expire on Friday, 3 May 2019 on which day the appellant is free to ride
5. Appeal deposit to be refunded
Click on the following link - Reasons for Decision - Freeman-Key