Licensed jockey Tommy Berry lodged an appeal against conviction and penalty after being found guilty by Racing NSW Stewards under AR137(a) after his ride on Collectively in Race 2 (Friday night Racing Plate, 1550m) at Canterbury Park Racecourse on Friday, 16 November 2018.
Following a Stewards inquiry on this date, Mr Berry was suspended for a period commencing Sunday, 25 November 2018 and to expire on Monday, 3 December 2018 on which day he may ride. This appeal was heard on Monday, 26 November 2018 commencing at 10am.
The Appeal Panel gave the following orders:-
1. Panel noted Mr Berry’s change of plea to admitting breach of AR137(a)
2. Finding of breach of AR137(a) confirmed
3. Appeal against severity of penalty dismissed
4. Penalty of a six-meeting suspension confirmed, such penalty to commence on 25 November and to expire on 3 December 2018, on which day the appellant may ride.
5. Appeal deposit forfeited.