By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Wyong.
|Race 1 - 1:15PM DE BORTOLI WINES 4YO & UP MAIDEN PLATE (1100 METRES)|
4. Enamour is a 13 start maiden but she has placed in seven of those and has finished in the money in her last four runs. Ran third at Muswellbrook two weeks ago with first and second there subsequently running well since. This is her chance to break through.
Dangers: The appeal of a first starter in a race like this is they don’t have the convictions of their rivals. Enter 5. Fighting Duck. She trialled on a Heavy 10 in her only hit out but did it stylishly under very little pressure.
How to play it: Enamour WIN ($2.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 2 - 1:50PM GREAT NORTHERN ON TAP CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
Three-year-old colt 2. Hurt Money comes off a second in town to Estrado in a BM72. That was on the back of a strong Hawkesbury win first up, albeit in maiden company. This race is no gimme but he looks better than a Class 1 horse.
Dangers: Bjorn Baker’s gelding 3. Numbers Game is untapped and unbeaten. He won at this track and distance on debut and has trialled very well this time back. Also looks capable of rolling through the grades.
How to play it: Hurt Money WIN ($2 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 2:25PM JIM BEAM MAIDEN HANDICAP (1350 METRES)|
5. Big Angel hasn’t done much in her two career starts but both were on heavy tracks, and she started in the market on both occasions. At the price, given she is back to provincial company and on top of the ground for the first time, willing to take the gamble.
Dangers: 1. Nearly Fine is the runner with the runs on the board but leave me right out of $1.50. That’s crazy short. Unraced pair 2. Arataki and 4. Lucilight also showed enough in their trials to warrant thought at big odds.
How to play it: Big Angel WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 3:00PM RYAN'S METAL ROOFING MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
11. Desert Flame has had so many chances to knock off her maiden but arguably none as winnable as this. The drop back to 1400m was against her last start, and it was at Warwick Farm. Has run well over the Wyong mile recently and repeat of either of those runs just about wins this.
Dangers: 2. Olympos ran ninth last start but it was a much better run than it reads on paper. 9. Stockist was back and wide last start on a heavy track. He did a good job to get as close as he did. Beware of the unraced 7. Zidler.
How to play it: Desert Flame WIN ($1.85 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:40PM ROYAL HOTEL WYONG BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (2100 METRES)|
1. So United will drive forward to lead this field as he did at Kembla Grange last start before being gunned down late by He’s A Given. This is no harder, over the same trip and the tight Wyong circuit suits his style as he’ll pinch a break at the top of the straight.
Dangers: 4. Souchong takes another leap forward in grade but she is flying for Todd Howlett, winning two of her past three. 5. Teronito looks the best of the closers if the aforementioned two go too hard in front.
How to play it: So United WIN ($2.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 6 - 4:15PM TEAM THOROUGHBRED NSW REHOMING HORSES BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
5. Dinado missed the kick at Gosford last start which put her out of play. The four-year-old has been back to the trials since and like the way she went through the line in a strong heat. She might just about be ready to win again third up.
Dangers: 4. Split Not A Shock was too bad to be true in town last start, knocking up badly to finish last after sitting outside of the leader. Expect her to be ridden with cover this start. 8. Dream Maiden will chalk up win number two shortly.
How to play it: Dinado WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 7 - 5:00PM WYONG'S NEXT RACEDAY THURSDAY FEBRUARY 25 BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
6. Aeecee Power pulled up lame after her poor last start showing at Warwick Farm. She won at Canterbury prior so is already proven in city class company. Will camp in behind a genuine speed and get the last look.
Dangers: 3. Proud Mia is a jet with exceptional gate speed but can she shake off 4. Kyo early? She might have too much early toe even for him and if that’s the case, she’ll give a sight but will wobble the last 50m or so.
How to play it: Aeecee Power WIN ($6.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT