By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Hawkesbury on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 1:55PM THE TERRACE BAR CONDITIONAL BENCHMARK 68 HANDICAP (900 METRES)|
4. Triple Ace has won his past two, both over 900m. The three-year-old lines up here after a six week freshen but has trialled well since, behind Deference and Tactical Advantage. Has led in both wins but the low draw gives Aaron Bullock the option to take a trail.
Dangers: 1. Shadow Bridge doesn’t have the upside of Triple Ace but he’s very quick and looked sharp in a recent trial win. 2. Rifles is more than capable of beating all of these on his day. He’s just a little temperamental.
How to play it: Triple Ace WIN ($2.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 2:30PM UNPHASED ELECTRICS PROV & CTRY MAIDEN HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
7. Mareeba was a standout from her Gosford trial win in fast time. The Not A Single Doubt filly is a full sister to Single Bullet. Will Brad Widdup run her from the wide draw, though? Even if she doesn’t line up here, follow her as she looks a smart galloper.
Dangers: If 5. Impulse Control ran fourth behind Mareeba in that trial before winning a Newcastle heat. Looks to have talent. 6. Little White Lies steps out for Will Freedman for the first time while 4. Rasheed shapes as the best roughie.
How to play it: Mareeba WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 3 - 3:05PM NORTH KELLYVILLE PRE-SCHOOL MAIDEN PLATE (1100 METRES)|
6. Miracle Street is an unraced four-year-old stepping out for Team Hawkes and like the way she has trialled leading into her debut. Market confidence is important so monitor late activity on the betting front but wouldn’t be surprised to see her win this.
Dangers: 12. Zouly copped a squeeze soon after the gates opened first up at Wyong and the winner there Stoltz has since won again. 9. Geist was never in the hunt on a leader-friendly Canterbury track first up.
How to play it: Miracle Street WIN ($10 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 4 - 3:40PM JSJ ROOFING 3YO MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
12. Kouklara kept chasing at Canterbury last start and liked the way she ran right through the line. Swaps a tight track for Hawkesbury and drops back to provincial grade. The Con Karakatsanis-trained filly looks well placed here to crack her maiden.
Dangers: 11. High Tribute was afforded every possible chance to win at Kembla Grange last start but was too one-paced when it came to putting the race away. 2. Mantinello could be a sharp improver out to the mile.
How to play it: Kouklara WIN ($4.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 4:15PM LIVAMOL F&M BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
6. Grace Augusta was never in the hunt first up at Muswellbrook having gone back from the wide draw over an unsuitable 1200m. Gets the set up here to improve sharply off that, back on the speed over 1400m. Jockey Mitchell Bell knows her well too.
Dangers: 9. Send Me Wild and 11. Natanya were both impressive last start winners to the eye but neither were particularly impressive on the clock. Very open race after the two key scratchings.
How to play it: Grace Augusta EACH WAY ($26 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:50PM SUMMIT LANDSCAPES CG&E BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
Another win is coming for 7. Tri Nations. He was run down at Hawkesbury first up before making up plenty of late ground from near last at Wyong second up. Drawn middle here he should get the run of the race. Scratched from yesterday for this.
Dangers: 3. Roman Wolf has only won two from 19 but has two seconds from his past three starts, just missing to Awesome Lad last week. 5. Sam Spade is also in the mix, but most of these are. Tricky race.
How to play it: Tri Nations WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 5:25PM WEDDINGS AT HRC BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (2000 METRES)|
6. Mr Gee sustained a long sprint to win with authority at Kembla Grange last start to break his maiden. The lightly-raced gelding can go on with the job now, especially out to 2000m. He gives the impression he’ll relish the staying trips.
Dangers: 7. Command King has just as much upside as Mr Gee and looks desperate for this trip. The form guide reads six of seven for 4. Kypreos last start but he never got out of second gear and can improve sharply.
How to play it: Mr Gee WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT