By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Hawkesbury on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 12:20PM [YOUR BUSINESS HERE] F&M MAIDEN HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
1. Kiss And Tell has been knocking on the door all preparation with four seconds from her five starts. Finds a very winnable maiden here, handles wet tracks, maps to lead unopposed and gets in just 1kg over the minimum after Tyler Schiller’s handy claim.
Dangers: 5. Bianchi Cup has a margin to turnaround on Kiss And Tell from last start but didn’t have the clearest passage and was first up. 8. Testa’s Flower gets the blinkers on for the first time.
How to play it: Kiss And Tell WIN ($2.25 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 12:55PM ADZ TYRE & BATTERY CG&E MAIDEN HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
7. Heads Will Roll kept working to the line on debut to finish seventh but on the heels of 1. Aeecee Beau. There is less depth here and looks suited getting slightly out in trip from 1200m to 1300m. Shouldn’t be as big a gap between them in the market.
Dangers: Outside of Aeecee Beau, 9. Urban Warrior was scratched from Wyong yesterday for this and although beaten a long way, the winner is no slouch. Might want a drier track though.
How to play it: Heads Will Roll WIN ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 3 - 1:30PM SUMMIT LANDSCAPES MAIDEN PLATE (1800 METRES)|
6. Zounate ran second at Canterbury last start behind Brutality which looks a strong reference for this. The son of Zoustar stretches to 1800m for the first time but if he runs the trip out, he only has to hold his form to win this moderate maiden.
Dangers: 9. Jazirat ran fourth as an easing favourite at Gosford last start but was a month between runs and under pressure a long way out. Strips fitter for this and out in trip looks to suit. 8. Hit The High Note is limited but a coming winner too.
How to play it: Zounate WIN ($2.70 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 2:05PM PKB AUTOCLAVE SERVICES 2&3YO MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
Wouldn’t typically expect to see a daughter of Adelaide show the zip that 5. Barossa Rosa did in a recent Wyong trial but she railed around the 845m in the fastest of the heats. Draws barrier 1 so expect Grant Buckley to use her natural speed to give a sight on debut.
Dangers: There are chances right down the page here with Brad Widdup’s pair 3. Beachamp and 7. Nags To Riches also trialling well while of the raced horses 2. Tolerate brings the best form.
How to play it: Barossa Rosa WIN ($3.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 5 - 2:40PM JULIE ALLNUTT'S BIRTHDAY BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
The last time we saw 6. Front Money at the races she was unlucky not to beat Mo’s Crown. That was her second start having won so well on debut. Looks a filly worth following through the grades at this time of year and no surprise Brenton Avdulla sticks having trialled her recently.
Dangers: 1. Escaped returns a gelding and has trialled impressively. Has been tested at Listed level. 2. Little Red Shoes is a track specialist (4:2-0-1) and although she didn’t fire last preparation, her trials suggest that Jason Coyle has her back on track.
How to play it: Front Money WIN ($2.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:20PM THE GALSTON CLUB CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
4. Syncline was expected to be too good for his rivals at Taree first up sent around a very skinny quote but it was an annihilation, clocking three lengths faster time than the Class 1 on the same day. Looks a three-year-old worth sticking with.
Dangers: 2. Elvezio has had a stable change since being deep ended in his first racing preparation running in two Group races after beating Favra at Newcastle. 1. Sam Spade won his maiden in good style last start.
How to play it: Syncline WIN ($1.70 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 7 - 3:55PM VARDY THOROUGHBREDS BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1500 METRES)|
Like the way 5. Shamamour has hit the line in his last two starts. The first of those was behind Quantico at Newcastle before running fourth here behind Rabbit Clause. Back out to the mile looks perfect fifth up and there should be enough speed on for him.
Dangers: 7. Timely Shadow broke her maiden last start over this track and trip, holding off Mooy. Her form was rock solid prior to that too, not finishing far away from Blaze A Trail first up.
How to play it: Shamamour WIN ($4.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 4:35PM ASCEND SALES TROPHIES CONDITIONAL BENCHMARK 70 HANDICAP (1800 METRES)|
3. Dame Kiri is in career-best form at the moment. As is her typical style, she came late with a surging finish to just miss at Newcastle last start behind Celtic Love. Was a dominant winner at this track the start prior. On trial at the trip but this race has limited winning chances.
Dangers: The bar plates come off 6. Deepwood Vale which is always a positive sign. Looked to have his chance at Scone last start but third there has since won and his two runs prior to that were rock solid in deeper races.
How to play it: Dame Kiri WIN ($2.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT