Racing NSW is the peak body for thoroughbred horse racing throughout NSW. Its responsibilities include commercial, regulatory and integrity leadership of the industry.
Applications are now invited for the position of Senior Stipendiary Steward (Sydney).
Stipendiary Stewards are responsible for overseeing the reputation and integrity of thoroughbred racing in NSW. Reporting directly to the Chairman of Stewards, the successful applicant will be based at our offices located in the Sydney CBD and is required to possess the following:
• Demonstrated significant experience in the chairing of race meetings and related inquiries
• Proven knowledge of the Australian Rules of Racing and NSW Local Rules of Racing
• Thorough experience in the area of Stipendiary Stewards’ responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with licensed persons, club administration and the media at any level
• Proven ability to manage staff
• Capacity to work well under pressure to meet team and department objectives
• Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation and legal procedures pursuant to Appeals
• Proven ability to prosecute matters before Appeals panels
• Demonstrated knowledge of Word, Excel and computer skills
• A current NSW Driver’s Licence
Due to the inherent nature of the position you will be required to work on a five out of seven-day roster basis. The successful applicant will be required to submit an acceptable police probity report.
Enquiries should be directed to:
(Deputy Chairman of Stewards)
Phone: (02) 9551 7500
Applications close Monday 7th May 2018
Please email to - firstname.lastname@example.org