Racing NSW is the peak body for thoroughbred horse racing throughout NSW. Its responsibilities include commercial, regulatory and integrity leadership of the industry.
Applications are now invited for the position of Chief Stipendiary Steward, Central Districts & Western Racing Association (CDWRA).
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the reputation and integrity of Thoroughbred racing in the CDWRA. Reporting directly to the Chairman of Stewards, the successful applicant will be based at our offices located in Dubbo and is required to possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in the chairing of race meetings and related inquiries,
- Proven knowledge of the Australian Rules of Racing and NSW Local Rules of Racing,
- Thorough experience in the area of Stipendiary Stewards’ responsibilities,
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with licensed persons, club administration and the media at any level,
- Proven ability to manage staff,
- Capacity to work well under pressure to meet team and department objectives,
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation and legal procedures pursuant to Appeals,
- Proven ability to prosecute matters before Appeals panels,
- Demonstrated knowledge of Word, Excel and computer skills.
- A current NSW Driver’s Licence.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of the Rules of Racing as rostered at venues in the CDWRA & other regions of NSW as required,
- Attendance at trials, race meetings, trackwork and stable inspections as rostered,
- Equine welfare audits and inspections,
- Office administration including maintenance of computerised databases and preparation of race meetings,
- Chair inquiries and race meetings,
- Licensing functions,
- Management of raceday and casual staff.
Due to the inherent nature of the position, you will be required to work on a five out of seven-day roster basis. The successful applicant will be required to submit an acceptable police probity report.
Enquiries should be directed to:
Marc Van Gestel, Chairman of Stewards, Tel. (02) 9551 7500.
Applications close on Monday, 2 August 2021
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org