Racing NSW is the peak body for Thoroughbred horse racing throughout NSW. Its responsibilities include commercial, regulatory, integrity and equine welfare leadership of the industry.
Applications are invited for the position of Official Veterinarian based in the following NSW regions:
• Wagga Wagga
The position reports to the General Manager-Integrity (Chairman of Stewards) and has the responsibility of assisting the General Manager-Veterinary Services in providing high level scientific and clinical veterinary expertise to safeguard the welfare of Thoroughbred horses and the integrity of the NSW racing industry. Core responsibilities include:
• officiating at race meetings by providing veterinary advice and the supervision and monitoring of the sample collection process
• conducting sampling process for Racing NSW testing drug testing programs
• the provision of industry advice in relation to veterinary, welfare and drug-related matters
The successful applicant will have:
• a degree in veterinary science registrable in NSW (essential)
• experience working with Thoroughbred horses
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• proven ability to manage and supervise staff
• a strong sense of initiative and the ability to identify critical issues
• the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• the capacity to work well under pressure to meet team objectives
• a current NSW Driver's Licence
• a genuine interest in the welfare of racehorses
Due to the inherent nature of the position, you will be required to work on a five out of seven-day roster basis, which includes weekend work. Short-listed applicants will undergo a probity check.
The provision of disclosure statements and adherence to the Racing NSW Code of Conduct for its employees are necessary requirements.
Please outline details of your experience in a covering letter and provide your résumé by email to Chief Veterinary Officer Dr Toby Koenig - email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 5 November 2021.