By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Wagga on Sunday.
The rail is out from the 1400m to the winning post and the form has been done for a Good track.
|Race 1 - 12:35PM BEDE MURRAY SHOWCASE MAIDEN PLATE (1200 METRES)|
5. Shelby Sixtsix presents a very fit horse here third up on the week turnaround having run second at Moruya seven days ago over 1425m. Drops back to 1200m and drawn the inside he shouldn’t have too much trouble holding the front.
Dangers: 3. Just Business ran a lot better than his starting price suggested he would on debut. He looks a work in progress but has talent. 9. Alise shouldn’t be triple the price of 6. Supreme Kitty.
How to play it: Shelby Sixtsix WIN ($2.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 2 - 1:15PM KOORINGAL STUD 2YO MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
5. Karlaina is on the week backup after running against older horses at Moruya last Sunday. She had to be steadied in the straight having been tightened a number of times. She was hard in the market off an excellent debut at this track comfortably beating 1. Charming Pat.
Dangers: Who’d have thought that Charming Pat would still be a maiden six starts after running second to the Golden Slipper winner Farnan on debut! Has mixed his form since and has seven lengths to make up on Karlaina from their clash on March 30.
How to play it: Karlaina WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 3 - 1:55PM JOHN CLARKE SHOWCASE MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
We didn’t learn much about 8. Soomayya on debut at Moonee Valley having been posted wide the trip. The victor there was Blue Diamond winner Tagaloa! The ex-Snowden trained filly now finds a home with Mitch Beer and is well placed in this.
Dangers: 6. Fat Gecko is much better than his debut run suggests. Like the way he trialled prior but there’s a fair chance he is posted wide again from another horrible draw. 2. Highly Decorated will be strong through the line over 1000m.
How to play it: Soomayya WIN ($3 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 4 - 2:35PM KOORINGAL STUD SHOWCASE CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
6. Outahand was confident backed at Canberra last start but laboured in the heavy conditions jumping from 1300m to 1600m second up. Back on top of the ground and with that run under his belt, he’s the horse to beat having been so impressive first up.
Dangers: 10. The Guru wasn’t beaten far in a provincial Class 2 last start and three starts ago gave subsequent city winner Amitto a fright. Only has hold his form to be in the finish. 3. Flight Commander looks sure to relish the mile.
How to play it: Outahand WIN ($4.80 TAB Fixed Odds) and 6,10 QUINELLA Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 5 - 3:15PM THE BROTHERS WAR @ KOORINGAL STUD QUEEN OF THE SOUTH PRELUDE - BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
7. Milamoo was 1200m back to 1000m at Orange second up and like the way this five-year-old mare found the line late. Ended last campaign by beating handy filly Ready’s Girl at Canberra so she is certainly up to winning a race like this.
Dangers: 5. Corazon De Oro won as expected at the picnics last start having running second to Equally Wild the two starts prior. Forgive 1. Honeysuckle Choice last start as she’ll be better suited with cover. Kurt Goldman’s mare 6. Inland Retreat has the most upside of these.
How to play it: Milamoo EACH WAY ($14 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 6 - 3:55PM PRIZED ICON @ KOORINGAL STUD MTC GUINEAS PRELUDE 3YO BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
5. Cyborg mowed down Lennox Road to win impressively at Wagga off a five week freshen. Prior to that the Norm Gardner-trained chestnut in strong races at Canberra. With three weeks between runs and out to 1400, he’ll be hard to hold out.
Dangers: 7. Freaky Freckles can mix her form but gets the blinkers on for the first time and her best is good enough for this. Liked the last start win of 2. Mnementh while 1. Demanding Mo raced a touch flat last start after winning the Albury Guineas but can bounce back.
How to play it: Cyborg WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 4:30PM KOORINGAL STUD MURRUMBIDGEE CUP - HEAT OF THE WAGGA STAYERS SERIES (1800 METRES)|
5. Azaryah was a strong all-the-way winner last start at this track. Comes back 1800m but with the same aggressive tactics this five-year-old mare will take running down with just 53kg on her back after the claim.
Dangers: 2. Anamalia and 3. Brazen are well exposed but the class runners in this field. Keep both safe. 11. The Doctor’s Son was caught wide last start and will run well at odds.
How to play it: Azaryah WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 5:10PM KOORINGAL STUD WAGGA TOWN PLATE PRELUDE (1200 METRES)|
4. Who’s Knocking hasn’t been seen for six weeks after beating beaten just a couple of lengths by Handle The Truth at Canberra. She is explosive on her day and performs well fresh. Will need some luck from the inside but look out if she gets it.
Dangers: 9. Miss Scorcher had a torrid run in the Provincial Championship qualifier last start. Hopefully that doesn’t take the edge off her.17. Caccini the best smokey.
How to play it: Who’s Knocking EACH WAY ($9 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT