Track Heavy 8, Rail true.
|Race 1: 1:40PM SCHWEPPES MAIDEN PLATE (800 METRES)|
6. Frivolosophy is a mare having her first start since leaving the Hawkes camp. Only had the two Melbourne starts and was fast enough to lead a metropolitan race on debut. Now with Neil Godbolt, hasn't been seen for 30 weeks and the Tavistock breed generally love a wet track.
Dangers: 2. Bel Academy showed plenty of speed resuming on a soft track to only be run down in the closing bounds. Back to an 800m scamper looks to lead this field and should be tough to run down. 4. Lost Light his best two runs have been his two first up attempts in stronger races than this when in the Hawkes stable. Joins the Peter Ball stable and resumes without a trial - one to keep safe. 9. Charge Perminute is a first starter that moved well in her only trial on a heavy track. Blinkers on for debut shows intent.
How to play it: Frivolosophy win. Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 2 : 2:15PM A J CIVIL PROJECTS CLASS 2 HANDICAP (800 METRES)|
1. Gangika scored her first win at Taree since joining the Jarvis stable and see no reason she can't repeat here. Drawn inside so looks to get a comfortable run behind an expected strong speed. Was caught wide the start prior on a soft track and forgiving of that wet track performance and performed on heavy in the past.
Dangers: 3. Sugar Baby Ex Victorian that has the best formlines but hasn't been since at the races since 2018. Joins the Brett Bellamy yard and trialled well enough to expect a forward showing. 2. Vernazza has good speed and won't be easy to get past at this distance.
How to play it: Gangika win, quinella 1 with 2/3. Odds & Evens: ODDS
Gangika wins at Taree on January 31
|RACE 3 : 2:50 PM BALLYNESS MAIDEN HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
The task of 4. Grand Anthem has been made a lot easier with the scratchings of Kris Lees’ two debutants Kumana and Political. Grand Anthem strips a fit horse third up and the four-year-old’s best run was at Tamworth over 1400m, the same conditions he faces here.
Dangers: 8. Miss Cronulla is a chance of sneaking into the placings at odds on the strength of her last start effort at Taree. Makes her own luck. 1. A Report gives away race experience but most of his rivals have had a stack of chances in maiden grade.
How to play it: Grand Anthem WIN. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
|RACE 4 : 3:27PM KORORA CUP BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (2000 METRES)|
2. Bedivere little doubt he comes through the strongest lead up runs having contested two Friday night Canterbury races in his most recent starts. He covered ground and was still beaten under 2 lengths at his latest and runner up to Dylan's romance the start before on a soft track. Distance suits and looks the obvious here.
Dangers: 4. Delayed Response is having his first start beyond a mile but this mare is by So You Think and has raced well recently in a Randwick Highway race and found the line recently at Doomben.
How to play it: Bedivere Win and quinella 2/4. Odds & Evens: EVENS
Bedivere's last start at Canterbury on February 28
|RACE 5 : 4:07PM COFFS COAST CRANES MAIDEN PLATE (1200 METRES)|
7. Venusian lost all chance when reared coming out of the barriers at Grafton.His effort to work home into 4th was strong and has been performing well without much luck since joining the Bellamy stable.
Dangers: 5. Fergus En Marche is a colt on debut off a good Grafton trial.
How to play it: Venusian Win. Odds & Evens: Odds
|RACE 6 : 4:53PM COFFS COMETS CLASS 2 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
13. Texas Target drops back from an acceptable effort at long odds in Highway Handicap and races well on his home track placing 4 from 6 attempts. Looks likely to go around at good odds here.
Dangers: 1. Leshrac had excuses for his last start effort at Doomben with a foot issue found post race. Can bounce back. 3. Rioli gets some positive gear changes with the blinkers going on and concussion plates coming off
How to play it: Texas Target Each Way. Odds & Evens: Odds
|RACE 7 : 5:32PM HOEY MOEY BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
7. Antilla worked home well in a BM 6 on a soft track at Casino. A repeat of that effort from the four-year-old trained by Daniel Bowen has her in the finish again. Hoping for each way odds.
Dangers: 4. Salsa Dreaming represents Kris Lees after Meyer was scratched to run at Tamworth and will improve second up after resuming on a heavy track. The handicapper hasn’t missed 1. Lawan but the claim helps.
How to play it: Antilla Each Way. Odds & Evens: Split.