By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Tamworth on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 12:10PM KELAHER INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRICAL 2YO SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
There are a few pointers that 14. No Laughing Matter will run on debut. The booking of Andrew Gibbons for the Kris Lees stable and the daughter of Exosphere was the first horse backed in early markets. Trialled well at Gosford in the same heat as Zeftabrook.
Dangers: Stablemate 5. Tripe Ace also trialled well, finishing alongside Married To The Mob and has drawn well. 7. Scorched Land has drawn wide but his trials suggest he has improved sharply since his inglorious debut back in December.
How to play it: No Laughing Matter WIN ($7 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 12:45PM MANNION DRILLING SHOWCASE MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
1. Danebrook hasn’t had much go right in his three career starts. On debut he was held up before both runs this time back have been with excuses too. Last start he had to go back from the wide draw but ran on powerfully behind Lost And Running in track record time.
Dangers: 2. Pure Fuego was a real eye-catcher on debut at Scone having settled last from the wide gate. He is back to 1200m but won’t be a maiden for long. 3. Ralph’s Folly is back to country grade having proved competitive at the provincials.
How to play it: Danebrook WIN ($4 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:25PM TAB.COM.AU SHOWCASE MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)|
13. Mother’s Day should have won last start at Scone if not for being held up. We’ll get a line on that form through Pure Fuego in Race 2 today. That was her first crack at 1300m and she looked to relish it so sets up well here to make amends.
Dangers: There was only 1.5L between 6. Little Rocket Man and Mothers Day when they met back in April and he hasn’t done much wrong since. His turn will come shortly. Ex Godolphin 7. Manseneta found the line strongly at Tamworth first up.
How to play it: Mother’s Day WIN ($2.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 2:04PM RAILWAY HOTEL GUNNEDAH CLASS 1 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
2. Ronan’s Rock hit the line sweetly at his first run for Cody Morgan. That was over 1000m and he is much better suited out to 1400m second up while the blinkers going on for the first time suggests there is a bit of intent about today. The pace here looks to suit.
Dangers: 4. Ginger’s Voice was a dominant winner at Dubbo two back before being nabbed late at Parkes. He’ll be hard to chase down. Tamworth local 8. Mystic Splendour has had 12 of her 17 starts on her track. She is racing as well as ever.
How to play it: Ronan’s Rock WIN ($3.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 5 - 2:44PM ULTRAFLEET BENCHMARK 58 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (2100 METRES)|
5. Nodeel did an outstanding job at Armidale last start after he was asked to sweep around the field from last to find the front a long way out. He was there to be gunned down but held a comfortable winning margin and presents here on the quick back up.
Dangers: 4. Bulletson only has to hold his recent form to be running top three again. Won at Muswellbrook two back beating a couple of his rivals lining up here before working to the line out to 2000m last start when third.
How to play it: Nodeel WIN ($3.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:22PM TOOHEYS XXXX GOLD BENCHMARK 58 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
7. A Room Somewhere wasn’t beaten far in a blanket finish at this track first up and could get some kind of control of this race from in front. The market drift there suggested he’d need the run. Strips fitter for that outing and Jeff Penza sticks.
Dangers: 2. Rich And Shameless was scratched from Rosehill’s Highway Handicap for this. Was posted wide at Scone last start in a deeper race than this. The barrier is tricky for 3. Liberty Head but can figure with any luck.
How to play it: A Room Somewhere WIN ($7 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 3:56PM HOPEFUEL GUNNEDAH SHOWCASE CUP (1600 METRES)|
5. Cogliere has had two runs at the mile this time back and presents at his peak now third up. Was gunned down late at Doomben last start after giving a kick from on speed. Expect him to look the winner at some stage again here from the low draw.
Dangers: 9. Herzegovina had his chance having controlled the race from the front in the Mudgee Cup but he ran well and back out to the mile suits. 8. Manabar profiles as the best knockout on his home track as he is racing as well as ever.
How to play it: Cogliere WIN ($4.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 4:35PM MPC EARTHMOVING LIGHTNING SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
9. Tim’s Principal is first up after a year on the sidelines but has run very well fresh off a similar break in the past. Has a handy record over the 1000m with three placings from four runs and shouldn’t be far away from the low draw.
Dangers: 1. What Could Be is a knockout hope even with 63kg on his back. Possesses a booming finish and the speed should be hot in this which suits. It’s a similar case for 5. All From Scrap but he has drawn off the track.
How to play it: Tim’s Principal WIN ($9.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS