By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Tamworth Cup Day on Sunday.
The rail is in the True and the form has been done for a Good track.
|Race 1 - 12:30PM HYGAIN ROMANTIC DREAM - 2YO PLATE (1000 METRES)|
11. Zorocat has race experience on her side over the unraced favourite 5. The Bopper. Zorocat was wide the trip and cornered awkwardly on debut at Newcastle yet ran third to subsequent city placegetter Glaciers before knocking up late in town herself.
Dangers: Still have plenty of respect for the Kris Lees debutant The Bopper of two encouraging trials, the latest behind Kinloch, a brilliant winner at Newcastle on Thursday. Might be wise to save on him. 7. Chillie Cod and 9. Lucky Shadown next best.
How to play it: Zorocat WIN ($4.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 2 - 1:05PM TAB.COM.AU MAIDEN SHOWCASE PLATE (1400 METRES)|
8. Inkjet has 1.5 lengths to make up on 3. Buckin’ Rippa from Wyong last start but meets him 3kg better off under the set weights conditions and was jumping 1000m to 1350m second up. The filly has more upside so, looking at the early market, lean her way at the better price.
Dangers: Buckin’ Rippa went too hard in front at Wyong and paddled home. He’s had his chances to break through but is consistent and make his own luck. Wouldn’t be surprised to see sharp improvement from 2. Sethlans third up.
How to play it: Inkjet WIN ($2.90 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:40PM PAT & TERRY BOURKE COUNTRY MAIDEN SHOWCASE PLATE (1000 METRES)|
1. Alpine Racer has been on the sidelines for 10 months but thought the four-year-old trialled exceptionally well at Coffs Harbour recently. Went down fighting on a heavy track at Grafton on debut and has the speed to overcome the wide draw in this.
Dangers: 6. Danebrook kept finding the line behind Matthew Smith’s handy filly For Love on debut. This is a drop down in class from that. 7. Danza In The Dark had no luck on debut at Scone when rattling home into second. Big watch on first starter 15. Entreat.
How to play it: Alpine Racer WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 2:17PM TAB.COM.AU JARDEL CUP - F&M BENCHMARK 66 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
12. Tombolo is a very lightly-raced five-year-old with Rod Northam but she’s loaded with talent. Boasts a close up second to Duchess Of Lennox and won her maiden this track and trip. Won her recent Scone trial by a widening seven lengths.
Dangers: 5. Frozen In Time is the runner they’ll all have to catch. She is hard fit and although creeping up in the weights, looks set to find the front which is key to her chances. 1. Typhoon Bonny and 2. Dame Kiri are the class runners but are anchored by huge weights.
How to play it: Tombolo WIN ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 2:55PM MITAVITE COUNTRY MAGIC CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
6. Snipperess was expected to win at Ballina last start when sent around at $1.14 but the filly won well, appreciating the 1400m. Prior to that she ran home into second behind smart stablemate Ready To Humble. She’s flying for her new stable.
Dangers: 2. Jahbath is working towards another win. Had no luck two back before running fourth at Scone in a leader dominated race. 9. Yawkyawk looks the leader here and warrants respect.
How to play it: Snipperess WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 6 - 3:35PM LOWES PETROLEUM MORNINGTON SHOWCASE HANDICAP (2100 METRES)|
4. Hand It In can improve sharply out in trip and having won third up in his past two preparations. The six-year-old was horribly outpaced over 1400m in two runs back. He was a dominant winner this track and trip back in December and Sam Clenton has ridden him twice for two wins.
Dangers: 8. But I Know is ticking over nicely for this out to 2100m with four runs under her belt. 5. San Francisco is a big hope but very well found being a last start winner. 6. High Power can bounce back. 3. Torrens had excuses last start but first up here off a 10 week break he has to be vulnerable.
How to play it: Hand It In EACH WAY ($41 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 7 - 4:15PM GREAT NORTHERN SUPER CRISP TAMWORTH SHOWCASE CUP (1400 METRES)|
5. McCormack is flying this time in for Tracey Bartley. The four-year-old won at Warwick Farm first up, backed that up with a second at Kembla before being posted wide in the Provincial Championships Final.
Dangers: 1. Articus didn’t get a lot of room in the Muswellbrook Cup first up. His record suggests he’ll improve from that and maps nicely. 2. Bobbing was too bad to be true last start but will be spotting his rivals a huge start.
How to play it: McCormack WIN ($4.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 5:00PM CARLTON DRY JOHN CLIFT MEMORIAL - BENCHMARK 58 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
It could pay to forgive 13. All Hollywood after she pulled up with muscle soreness at Muswellbrook last start as a well backed favourite. Was very good at Scone prior to that and being only six starts into her career, still has upside.
Dangers: 16. Too Hard To Call is a consistent mare and wasn’t far away in a Highway Handicap the last time we saw her. 5. Hard Merchandise needs to starts turning the seconds into firsts but is well placed here. 7. Fourth Protocol the bets roughie.
How to play it: All Hollywood WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT