Bathurst Thoroughbred Racing is currently seeking an experienced, driven and self-starter Racetrack and Facilities Manager to join their close-knit team with a rich racing history at Bathurst NSW.
Tyers Park is the key racing centre for the Central West region and an overall vital supplier of race meetings catering for leading stables in the metropolitan, provincial and country areas.
With 12 meetings per year including feature race meetings such as the Bathurst Cup and Soldier's Saddle attracting acclaimed horses, trainers and owners to Bathurst, this makes the role of the Racetrack and Facilities Manager a crucial part of the business.
The key areas of this role include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the training facilities, including sand track, swimming dam, stalls and general grounds
- Preparation and management of the course proper (turf race track) and raceday infrastructure
- Management of the grounds including, grandstand, function room, trainer’s room, toilets, lawns and gardens
- Management of raceday logistics, erecting raceday infrastructure, taking deliveries and co-ordinating contractors and supplies on grounds
- Maintenance of tractors, mowers and other equipment, including servicing and repairs
- Working closely and maintaining a close relationship with Trainers, Owners, Stewards, Sponsors and other racing officials
- Knowledge and application of fuel, seed, fertiliser, soil, feed, etc.
- Completing track reports and reporting conditions to Racing NSW, General Manager and participants
- Operation of a computerised irrigation system
- Following and implementing WHS policies and procedures
Required skill and experience for the role:
- Qualifications or displayed knowledge and experience in turf management and understanding of irrigation systems
- Current manual driver’s licence and experience operating tractors, mowers and other ground maintenance equipment
- General mechanical aptitude and handyman experience
- Computer literacy and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- A green keeping trade certificate or other turf management qualifications.
This position reports to the onsite General Manager. The salary package includes standard superannuation and leave provisions plus additional benefits which may include phone and other, depending on the candidate.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you please email your résumé highlighting your skills and experience matching this role and its requirements to email@example.com
Furthermore, for a confidential discussion regarding this role and its requirements please contact Michelle at Bathurst Thoroughbred Racing on (02) 6331 2719.
Applications for this position will close on Friday, 7th August 2020.