By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Nowra on Sunday.
The rail is in the True and the form has been done for a Soft track.
|Race 1 - 12:55PM KEL CAMPBELL FUEL HAULAGE CG&E MAIDEN PLATE (1100 METRES)|
8. Double Major lines up here on debut for Joe Pride and although his trial form doesn’t read too flash on paper, the son of Exceed And Excel wasn’t asked to do much yet still trucked to the line strongly.
Dangers: Bjorn Baker has two in the race in debutant 6. Credible as well as 9. Little Jerry. Credible trialled well enough to give this a shake while Little Jerry was rolled at $1.60 on debut at Orange. Was aggressively ridden to sit outside of the lead early but had every chance.
How to play it: Double Major WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 2 - 1:35PM MY TRAVEL EXPERT F&M BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
6. Phoebe’s Lass will appreciate the drop back to country grade having been outclassed in town and at the provincials this preparation. Her best recent run was when second to Crimlet at Newcastle. That’s good enough to win this and she should get map favours. Loves Nowra too (6:2-0-1).
Dangers: 4. Citizen’s Arrest for Jason Coyle brings a similar profile. In fact, they both tailed off together in a Canterbury race in January. Probably settles last from the wide draw. Monitor market moves for 3. Collectively.
How to play it: Phoebe’s Lass WIN ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 3 - 2:15PM SOLOMON MOTOR GROUP CG&E BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
12. Rouchel is a maiden in a BM58 but looks well placed by Peter and Paul Snowden. The half to Chautauqua was last seen as Gosford back in January where the winner broke the track record. Has been gelded since then and trialled well at Randwick. Will be coming hardest late.
Dangers: 4. Juaphikoa is capable of running well fresh for Emma and Lucy Longmire. Ran well at Nowra two back and has trialled well. The knock on 5. Corcra is the price. Makes his own luck and his recent trial time was slick, however.
How to play it: Rouchel WIN ($4 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
Rouchel's recent Randwick trial - March 12
|Race 4 - 2:55PM GREAT NORTHERN MAIDEN HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
4. Dollareuro debuts for Bjorn Baker and like what we’ve seen from the Eurozone gelding in his trials. Has shown speed so will use barrier 1 to slide forward. Went to the line with Side Hustle in his latest trial with that horse subsequently winning at Kembla while the form out of his first trial is exceptional too.
Dangers: Fellow debutant 3. Big Lion has had the benefit of a 1200m trial ahead of tackling 1400m first up. Clare Cunningham places her horses so well so expect to see this three-year-old in the finish. 1. River Charge the best of the raced brigade.
How to play it: Dollareuro WIN ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:30PM GO-STEEL BUILDING PRODUCTS CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
2. Nowyunomi fell in at Hawkesbury first up with his starting price of $1.40 suggesting he was entitled to win a lot more comfortably. Still, he won. He drops back to country grade here, gets the blinkers back on and should find the front without too much trouble.
Dangers: 3. Mystery Trick went awful last start at Newcastle. He had been building into his preparation nicely prior to that. Can bounce back but you need to take him on trust. 14. Stiller is still a maiden and draws wide but at least has some upside.
How to play it: Nowyunomi WIN ($2.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:05PM HANLON WINDOWS BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
6. Polhampton has been below her best at her last two runs but her two efforts prior to that were very good in harder races than this. The 1400m might stretch her but at the odds, happy to give the chance. Gets the blinkers on for the first time.
Dangers: 4. Miss Twilight has won her past two, albeit the latest by a narrow margin at Canberra. She is the only last start winner here but the market certainly hasn’t missed her. 3. Against The Tide will run his usual honest race.
How to play it: Polhampton WIN ($11 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 7 - 4:45PM BOMADERRY BOWLING CLUB F&M MAIDEN PLATE (1100 METRES)|
5. Midsummer Rain was very quietly ridden in her first trial behind 2. Blazing Line, with the pair clashing on debut here, before hugging the rails in her second outing and winning very comfortably. There looks to be an abundance of speed here so it sets up well for her to play a stalking role.
Dangers: Blazing Line has won both of his trials this time back and rounds out a very strong Norwa team for Bjorn Baker. Deserves to be near the top of betting. 9. Our Bellagio Miss has race experiences on her side and ran second in town last start.
How to play it: Midsummer Rain WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) and 5,2 QUINELLA Odds & Evens: SPLIT