By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Muswellbrook on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 12:35PM DIMMOCK’S QUALITY MEATS MAIDEN HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
4. Hustled ran on well from last first up at Scone is a deeper maiden than this. Trainer Mark Schmetzer scratched him from a winnable race at Dubbo in preference for this and throws the blinkers on for the first time. The horse to beat, especially from the soft draw.
Dangers: 1. Right Bower has had his chance in both runs back this time in but strikes a winnable race with limited winning chances. He is racing like he wants further now so 1300m is a nice progression.
How to play it: Hustled WIN ($2.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 1:15PM HTBA 3YO & UP MAIDEN PLATE (900 METRES)|
7. My Rose My Kingdom hasn’t had the most conventional start to her career. She ran last as a very well backed favourite on debut at this track before bouncing back at Newcastle four weeks later to run third. Hasn’t been since that run in December. Finds a winnable race here.
Dangers: 2. De Goey draws awkwardly but doesn’t have to improve much on what he did at Cessnock last start behind Daltoro, to be in the finish again. 3. No Doubt A Star will be hitting the line back to country company.
How to play it: My Rose My Kingdom WIN ($4.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:55PM GREG CRIBB MEMORIAL RED CROWN 2YO HANDICAP (900 METRES)|
This is a race Peter Snowden targets every year and has had great success in it. 3. Sahra is the stable’s hope this time around and although drawn a touch wide, has looked a talent in her three trials, the latest behind the speedy Superbella at Canterbury.
Dangers: Liked the latest trial from 11. Rahni Factor holding off Zeftabrook at Gosford and draws to race handy. 2. Never Talk won well at Tamworth on debut while 4. Casino Kid will be closing hard late.
How to play it: Sahra WIN ($3.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 4 - 2:32PM SNOWDEN RACING BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
10. Whaler Bill has had 17 cracks for just the one win over 1400m but the way he ended last preparation, and has started this one, he only has to hold his form to win this. Was beaten two lengths by Devan first up at Taree over 1000m showing plenty of speed.
Dangers: Nine-year-old 2. Escebee will put himself on the pace and has finished in the money his past couple. 8. Dynamite Dan is a 1000m specialist and fits into this race well off recent form.
How to play it: Whaler Bill WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 5 - 3:07PM SAUNDERS MOTOR GROUP CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (1770 METRES)|
4. Dinado towelled up her rivals out the mile second up at Kembla Grange to break her maiden. Back to country grade and out in trip looks a nice progression for her to string two together. She’s a filly with big upside from the Freedman stable.
Dangers: 3. Noble Cause is worth another chance after doing a bit wrong at Armidale last start when the odds on favourite. 2. Hay There McNair’s last start second to Obscene at Taree is a strong enough reference for this.
How to play it: Dinado WIN ($2.25 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:50PM SHORTY CRIBB ABERDEEN CUP (1300 METRES)|
3. Trophies Galore finds himself in great form at the moment having given Café Royal a scare last start at Newcastle. He backs up a week later and a repeat of the performance just about wins this. Can slide into the first half of the field and make his own luck.
Dangers: 15. Achi Baba is a big strong galloper and will be tough to gun down from in front while 3. Drachenfels and 7. Weather Channel will both get back and hit the line.
How to play it: Trophies Galore WIN ($3 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 4:25PM HUNTER VALLEY PRINTING CLASS 2 HANDICAP (1450 METRES)|
7. Sarah Elizabeth has been running well enough at the provincials all preparation without really threatening but out in trip and back in grade to a Class 2 she’s profiles well with Grant Buckley doing the steering for Kim Waugh. Placed to win.
Dangers: 6. Rich And Shameless is racing well without luck lately, having covered plenty of ground. 9. Rapid Eagle is a tough on pacer that warrants respect while 1. Tavion Prince gets the blinkers back on.
How to play it: Sarah Elizabeth WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT