Racing NSW has conducted a risk assessment of the tomorrow’s scheduled race meeting at Scone racecourse having regard fires burning principally in the Mid North Coast and Northern Areas of NSW and increasing temperatures forecast for the Greater Hunter Region tomorrow (Tuesday).
Having considered the current weather forecast, fire status and air quality, Racing NSW has determined that the meeting will proceed.
Racing NSW, however, has decided that any participant that does not wish to participate at the meeting should make contact with Racing NSW Stewards to advise of their intention not to participate.
Trainers and owners are also advised that horses may be scratched from the meeting without charge.
Racing NSW will continue to monitor the conditions and provide any further update if necessary.