By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Cootamundra on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 12:55PM COOTA PRODUCERS MAIDEN HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
3. Fly Like An Eagle will be very strong late, it’s just whether he finds the 1000m a touch too sharp back from 1100m when fifth at Nowra. Although fourth and fifth in his last two outings, they were deeper races than what he faces here.
Dangers: 6. I Call Junee Home is a fit on-pacer that’ll be hard to peg back from in front. 5. Surpreme Kitty and 9. Karlaina both showed glimpses of talent in their first preparations.
How to play it: Fly Like An Eagle WIN ($9.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 1:30PM COOTAMUNDRA EX-SERVICES CLUB CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
4. Alise hammered the line first up at Wagga over 1000m. The four-year-old was a work in progress last preparation but trainer Scott Spackman looks to have a mare capable of working her way through the grades this time in.
Dangers: 9. London Gal was expected to win at Cowra on debut and she did from in front. No knock on the favourite. 1. Add On comes out of the same race as Alise and was only gunned down late over 1000m.
How to play it: Alise WIN ($6.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 2:05PM HARRIS TYRE SERVICE MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)|
9. Rockopal looked to appreciate getting back on top of the ground at Cowra third up after two heavy track runs. Only has to hold that form, and stretch to 1400m, to be somewhere in the finish again. Blinkers go on for the first time.
Dangers: 11. Sizzling Cat closed well at Wagga a fortnight ago at just his second career start. He has more upside than most here and gets the blinkers on too. 6. Mai Time looks your leader and will give another sight from in front.
How to play it: Rockopal WIN ($11 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 4 - 2:40PM CREEKSIDE KIDS CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
2. Globalize has had a solid grounding for the mile third up running over 1200m twice. The five-year-old did enough in both of those outings and we saw last preparation he was at his best out to this trip. Won his maiden at Moruya in dominant fashion.
Dangers: Former Kiwi 6. Stilton was slow out at Canberra at her first run for Albury-based trainer Mitch Beer. Has won out to 2100m so creeping out from 1400m to 1600m is in her favour.
How to play it: Globalize WIN ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 5 - 3:15PM DUNK INSURANCE MICK DONOGHUE MEMORIAL BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
1. Landmine backs up quickly here after not getting much room at Canberra on Wednesday. That was on soft ground, he’s much better on a firm deck as he showed two runs ago when winning well at Griffith. A touch underrated, this horse.
Dangers: 2. Blazing Beau was very good at Goulburn last start and only has to hold that form to finish top three again here. 4. Bautista still has upside and raced in restricted room last start.
How to play it: Landmine EACH WAY ($11 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:55PM TWIN HILLS STUD BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
There are a lot of speedy 1000m types in this race which opens the door for 2. Delivered who will be flooding late. Has 62kg and won out to 1400m but has a deadly fresh record (7:2-3-1). He’ll smoke the pipe from the inside gate.
Dangers: 3. Princess Cordelia’s best is certainly good enough to win this, she’s just a touch enigmatic. Keep her safe. 4. Concrete needs to be hard fit to race like he does on speed and he should be at his top now third up.
How to play it: Delivered WIN ($13 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 4:35PM COOTAMUNDRA CUP (1600 METRES)|
Nine-year-old 1. Carluca has been around the block a few times but he has been running in town all preparation this time back, only beaten a length at Warwick Farm last start with 58.5kg. His class will take him a long way in this.
Dangers: 3. Contaminated had to chase a tearaway leader first up at Kembla Grange and was entitled to knock up late. The bar plates going on is a red flag though. 9. Trapper Tom is in terrific form but racing out of his grade.
How to play it: Carluca WIN ($3.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 5:15PM SOUTHERN CROSS MOBILE MECHANCIS ANDERSON MEMORIAL BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
This isn’t a deep BM58 which should see 1. Oamanikka able to overcome the wide draw and build further on his already impressive record of 5:2-2-1. The only times he has been beaten has been on heavy tracks. Let down nicely on a good track at Wagga two weeks ago.
Dangers: 8. Deal Master warrants respect having won his last two and tackles this on the week turnaround. He is fit and flying. 6. Gaze Beyond is holding his form well and looks a place chance again.
How to play it: Oamanikka WIN ($2.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT