By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Warren on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 1:10PM MACQUARIE TOYOTA & RUSS RURAL CONTRACTING MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
2. Riva Rialto had to duck and weave on debut on a heavy track. The three-year-old doesn’t have the convictions of his rivals here with just one start next to his name. Just has to overcome the wide draw to knock off his maiden.
Dangers: 8. Lishades beat Riva Rialto home last start but had an uninterrupted run to the line. 9. Missile Rain has been okay in races with more depth than this in the past.
How to play it: Riva Rialto WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 1:45PM HUTCHEON & PEARCE MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)|
2. Godfrey Park won’t get a better chance to break through. The eight-start maiden has been solid, without ever threatening in his two runs back but that looks enough to get him home in this. Drawn to be close enough in the run to get every chance.
Dangers: 7. Toulon Factor was well backed at Narromine last start but could only manage a boxing third. The winner of that race Blackadder has since won again. Expect him to be ridden conservatively from the wide draw though.
How to play it: Godfrey Park WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 2:20PM RICHARDSON SINCLAIR CLASS 2 HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
Want to be really forgiving of 4. Glover’s last start flop on a heavy track. Liked the way he won at Coonamble prior to that which suggested he had finally realised his potential. Albeit at the age of seven! Can bounce back on top of the ground.
Dangers: 5. Dirty Digby is racing as well as ever, just struggling to crack win number three. 7. Lady Riz didn’t appear to handle the heavy track last start. She’s much better than that. 1. Charlton Park warrants respect.
How to play it: Glover WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 2:55PM HALCROFT & BENNETT BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
2. Activation won like a $1.50 pop should last start at Dubbo, trouncing his rivals. That somewhat made amends for his first up defeat having bombed the start. Jumps from a maiden to a BM58 but he has the scope to be racing in better company than this.
Dangers: 3. Athena’s Lad took a couple of runs and getting out the mile to show his best last campaign but look for him late. 11. Vogue Empress continues to race well and is even better on top of the ground.
How to play it: Activation WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:35PM QUBE LOGISTICS COTTON CUP (1600 METRES)|
1. Playard won well at Scone last start out to 1400m in a Class 3. Has only raced twice beyond 1400m but both times were in city company. Jumped fast at Scone and if he can take up a spot again here, his class should get him home.
Dangers: 2. Mo’s Glory is holding her form well this campaign and is well placed to finish top three yet again. 3. One Pound may have been flattered by the heavy track and slow tempo last start but she makes her own luck and is flying.
How to play it: Playard WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:10PM B&D BROUFF EARTHMOVING CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
Like the way 5. Joey’s Chance found the line over 900m first up behind the speedy Emilette where Belle Eve ran third. The grey comes to hand quickly and is very consistent as evidenced by his 10 run preparation last time in work.
Dangers: Plenty of chances here. 3. Farmer’s Friend has the talent to blow these away but just not sure how well he is going. Can also make cases for on pacer 6. So Good To Me, first upper 7. A Krupt Pick and 8. Boomshake The Room.
How to play it: Joey’s Chance WIN Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 4:55PM KURRI KURRI BOYS WARREN JOCKEY CLUB SPRINT (1200 METRES)|
3. Fritz’s Factor is yet to win beyond 1100m but her attempts were in much stronger company than this. Won at Gosford last start while first up, she ran at Warwick Farm. Maps to park in behind the speed and get her chance. Hard to beat.
Dangers: If 5. I Am Capitan is fit enough first up off a 45 week spell, he can certainly win. He’s no doubt good enough. The last time we saw him at the races he went close at Randwick in a BM70 having given a sight in front.
How to play it: Fritz’s Factor WIN Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 5:35PM NUTRIEN AG SOLUTIONS BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
7. Very Sharp has a very wide draw to overcome but otherwise, everything points to her running well. Wasn’t far away first up and showed she was a promising youngster in her first campaign.
Dangers: 12. Gobelin draws the inside peg and will strip fitter second up after doing enough first up. This isn't a deep race and she gets her chance from the soft barrier with Matt Cahill in the saddle.
How to play it: Very Sharp WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT