By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Wagga on Sunday.
The form has been done for a Good/Soft track.
|Race 1 - 1:50PM IRON JACK BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP- HEAT OF THE WAGGA STAYERS SERIES (1800 METRES)|
7. River Of Gold wasn’t disgraced in the heavy conditions in the Listed Wagga Cup last start. Drops back to a BM66 here and the last time she raced at this track in this grade she bolted in, beating Azaryah.
Dangers: 5. Express Courier has won three of his past four starts and handles all types of tracks. 3. Balmaceda gave cheek at Gosford last start nearly pinching the race from the front and imagine similar tactics are adopted in this.
How to play it: River Of Gold WIN ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 2 - 2:25PM FERNDALE DISTRIBUTORS CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (2000 METRES)|
11. Shadow Of Pylon has been in the money in three of her past four starts and a repeat of either of her last two runs in Victoria just about win this. Her most recent third, with a gap back to fourth, behind High Advice last start stacks up well here.
Dangers: 8. Blazing Zone backs up after failing to handle the heavy track last start. His two runs prior were very good. He’s on trial at the trip. 12. Silver Nook can add some value to exotics. Respect 1. Goodradigbee but he’s too well found.
How to play it: Shadow Of Pylon WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 3:00PM JRC ELECTRICAL SERVICES F&M MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
1. Miss Elise May has been banging down the door to break her maiden running second in her past three. She only beat 5. Glorious Dreams but half a length at Wagga last start and meets her 2.5kg worse off but she was seven weeks between runs on a heavy track.
Dangers: Glorious Dreams may have been flattered by the wet track in getting as close to Miss Elise May as she did but is lightly-raced and certainly a threat. 2. Aeroplane Jane trialled up okay and wouldn’t be shocked to see her show up on debut.
How to play it: Miss Elise May WIN ($2.70 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 4 - 3:35PM RIVERINA CRANE SERVICES CG&E BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
Looks good speed on paper which suits 1. Lets Get Animal. Looked the winner half way down the straight at Wagga last start but knocked up having jumped 900m to 1300m off a six week freshen. Strips fitter and should be in the finish in a race with plenty of winning chances.
Dangers: 4. Dhiaga ran well at his first outing for David O’Prey and doesn’t have to build much on that to figure here. 2. Moss The Boss is trending to peak third up and beat Lets Get Animal comfortably at this track a lifetime ago back in February 2019.
How to play it: Lets Get Animal EACH WAY ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 4:10PM ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
7. On The Take may have just needed a preparation to find his feet with new trainer Doug Gorrel. She was a city class galloper as a three-year-old and the way she has hit the line in both runs this time back suggests she isn’t far away from another win.
Dangers: 6. Action Shale beat On The Take home by a length at Canberra last start, races well at Wagga (2:1-1-0) and is holding his form. 2. In Fiore rocketed home at Gosford first up appreciating the hot speed up front.
How to play it: On The Take WIN ($12 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:45PM RENOVATORS WAREHOUSE F&M BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
2. Milamoo has drawn wide but imagine Plan A is to roll forward with apprentice Ellen Hennessy retaining the ride. Wasn’t beaten far by key rival 1. Away She Goes two back at this track but with on speed favours, can turn the tables.
Dangers: There’s no hiding now for Away She Goes with 62.5kg on her back. Luke Pepper hasn’t broken up the partnership with Blaike McDougall. She’ll be rattling home. 4. Miss Charlie didn’t have any luck behind Away She Goes in that same race two back before finishing hard to just miss at Narromine last start.
How to play it: Milamoo WIN ($4 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT