By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Taree on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 12:20PM EDDIES FRESH CHICKENS MAIDEN SHOWCASE PLATE (1000 METRES)|
8. Midland looks well placed in country grade to knock off his maiden. Hasn’t quite yet delivered on his promise having started favourite at Gosford and then Newcastle but with the benefit of a break, looks to have returned well if his recent trial win is any guide.
Dangers: Tracey Bartley looks to have the two most likely to upset the hot pot in 6. Emanour and impressive trial winner 12. Express Award. The latter showed her rivals clean pair of heels in her heat win.
How to play it: Midland WIN ($1.65 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 2 - 12:55PM MANNING RIVER TIMES F&M CLASS 1 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1250 METRES)|
7. Spiranac broke through in style last start at Tamworth, putting a space on her rivals and running faster time than the BM66 on the same day. Came out of a deep Scone maiden prior to that. Perfect race here against her own sex to go back-to-back.
Dangers: 4. Dream Song has been around the mark in all four runs this preparation, in handy races too, but hasn’t shown the turn of foot to put one away. That’s the knock on her as the early favourite.
How to play it: Spiranac WIN ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:35PM MAX 1073/2RE COLTS GELDINGS & ENTIRES CLASS 1 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1250 METRES)|
9. Royal Charge got control of the race at Port Macquarie last start so was entitled to win but he did it very easily in the end and ran La Girl to the narrowest of margins over this same track and trip prior to that. The horse to beat.
Dangers: 7. Crackerjack Kenny is a query at the trip but will appreciate getting back onto a dry deck. 1. Amore Moderno is going well at the moment while 2. Deterge looks the best roughie.
How to play it: Royal Charge WIN ($3 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 4 - 2:15PM XXXX GOLD COUNTRY MAIDEN COUNTRY MAIDEN SHOWCASE PLATE (1400 METRES)|
This looks the race for 4. Great Marlow. The five-year-old was jagged back to the rear at Coffs Harbour from barrier 1 last start before making a run hard up on the fence to just miss. He’ll get back again but be flooding home in a race with good speed.
Dangers: 13. Strawberry Reign hit the line hard on debut over 1000m. Jumps straight out to 1400m and gets onto a firmer track. 14. Full Press was sent around $2.15 last start when fourth at Coffs, where Great Marlow ran second.
How to play it: Great Marlow WIN ($2.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 2:55PM MANNING RIVER HOTEL BENCHMARK 66 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
4. Baileys was posted three and four wide throughout at Scone last start yet still won. Prior to that the four-year-old had no luck in the Grafton Guineas. He ran straight past 5. High Court at Newcastle first up too. With any luck, he can win again.
Dangers: 6. Delayed Response hasn’t been let go in either of her two runs back this time in. It’ll pay to ignore the eighth and 12th in the form guide. Gets the 4kg claim of young gun Dylan Gibbons.
How to play it: Baileys WIN ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 6 - 3:35PM TAB COUNTRY MAGIC BENCHMARK 66 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1250 METRES)|
Chances aplenty in a very deep BM66 but siding with 12. Gold Bracelet , a winner of three of her five starts. This mare put her rivals away with something still up her sleeve first up. The queries are that we’ve never seen her on a good track and she draws awkwardly.
Dangers: 5. Salad Dodger will be motoring home late and will appreciate firmer footing. 7. Dulette maps to stalk the speed and is a more than handy horse on his day. Dylan Gibbons claims 4kg too.
How to play it: Gold Bracelet EACH WAY ($9.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 4:20PM STACKS LAW FIRM TAREE CUP (2000 METRES)|
3. Korcho looks a touch too classy for these. The import has won two on the bounce and although he is 2400m back to 2000m, the four weeks between runs should negate that. Has trialled sweetly since and keen to see his turn of foot on top of the ground.
Dangers: 4. Jazzland is one dimensional but should be able to find the front in this. Was pestered by a rank outsider last start when fading into sixth. If Korcho isn’t on his game, he’s the most likely to capitalise.
How to play it: Korcho WIN ($2.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 8 - 5:00PM TAREE KIA MANNING LIGHTNING (1000 METRES)|
13. Miss Fox looks very well placed here to keep the picket fence intact. She won three straight last preparation and looked sharp in a recent trial alongside Junglized. There is a lot of speed underneath her but she has the versatility to be ridden with cover.
Dangers: 12. Liberty Sun improved sharply second up last preparation to win at Canterbury. Trends the same way having peaked on his run first up at Tamworth. 6. Syd’s Footprints can improve sharply on firmer footing.
How to play it: Miss Fox WIN ($2.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT