Apply your experience and knowledge of racetrack maintenance in Australia’s thoroughbred capital, Scone NSW.
Currently holding 20 race meetings annually including the prestigious two-day metropolitan status Scone Racing Carnival, the Scone facility is supported by the largest names in racing and breeding and is earmarked for tremendous growth providing an exciting and progressive opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing and maintaining racecourse and training facilities in line with Racing NSW Industry Standards
- Develop, plan and report trackwork and maintenance programs
- Management and training of Trackwork and Grounds staff
- Effective communication and relationships with stakeholders
- Maintaining and assist in developing compliant WHS practices and procedures
- Machine and Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Maintenance and Servicing of irrigation and water supply systems
- Co-develop and responsibility for assigned budget
The successful applicant would ideally possess:
- 5yrs+ experience in horticulture or greenkeeping
- Experience and or knowledge in the maintenance of Synthetic/Artificial track surfaces
- Proven Team Leader and effective communication skills
- Smart Train AQF3 chemical application or an equivalent accreditation
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge in Toro Irrigation systems would be an advantage
- Current First Aid Certificate or ability to obtain
- A current ‘C’ Class driver’s licence
This is a full-time salary position including some weekends and public holidays with an excellent remuneration package including club vehicle and phone. Relocation assistance is available.
Please forward your application including Cover Letter and CV containing References to the Scone Race Club’s Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday, 8th June 2020.