By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Narrandera on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 12:30PM FABSTOCK & NARRANDERA JEWELLERS MAIDEN PLATE (1000 METRES)|
4. Delightful Dream has trialled up well for his debut winning a Canberra heat. Wasn’t under much pressure yet cruised through the line with 3. Debit Credit, which provides a great reference for this race, back in second.
Dangers: Leaning towards the fresh blood in this race with cases to be made for fellow debutants 8. Full Circle and 9. Kah Tee Uh . There was nothing between the pair in their Wagga heat. 11. Spooky Charm the best at odds.
How to play it: Delightful Dream WIN ($3.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 1:10PM CHARLES STURT HOTEL NARRANDERA MAIDEN HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
12. Thrills Of Thrills finds a very weak maiden here for Mitch Beer. Did enough at her first start for the stable over 1000m at Wagga when beaten just shy of three lengths. Steps out to 1400m and with only five starts next to her name, at least has some improvement still to come.
Dangers: 7. Jailbird Jayjay worked home solidly in a harder race at Wagga last start and wasn’t beaten far by The Guru last preparation. The Beer stablemate 15. Snit Ball warrants respect if it makes the field. Monitor market moves.
How to play it: Thrills Of Thrills WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:50PM PROTEN BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (2100 METRES)|
2. She’s Treasure ran third at Warwick Farm last start. Here she is back to a BM66 at Narrandera. Has been a long time between drinks for the grey mare but is racing very constantly for Matt Dale and is a deserved short priced favourite.
Dangers: There was only a length between 1. Ocean Waltzer and She’s A Treasure when they met at Wagga back in April. Ocean Waltzer last start ran third at Gosford behind Misty Summer. They should fight out the finish again.
How to play it: She’s Treasure WIN ($1.55 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 2:34PM HUTCHINS BROTHERS NARRANDERA F&M BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
3. Dottledo doesn’t go a yard in heavy ground so you can scrap her inglorious last two starts from her record. She has been given three weeks to get over the latest of those and back onto a drier deck, the six-year-old will improve sharply.
Dangers: 11. Snowbrook is in terrific form and ran third last start in a race that provides plenty of starters here. Fashion Tip only has to run up to her recent efforts to be competitive again while 5. Saturation can figure at odds too.
How to play it: Dottledo EACH WAY ($26 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 5 - 3:09PM ELDERS LTD NARRANDERA & COLEAMBALLY CG&E BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
1. Iggy The Moocher hasn’t handled heavy tracks at his last two starts which is why we are getting a price. He drops back from an Open Handicap to a BM58 and onto firmer footing. Liked the way he hit the line on a soft track over 1000m, his first for the new stable.
Dangers: 4. Moss The Boss just missed at Moruya last start, albeit aided by a vicious tempo up front. She’s always around the mark but rarely wins. Can make a case for 5. Dezzy too but the lightly-raced eight-year-old he is very well found.
How to play it: Iggy The Moocher WIN ($13 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:44PM BENDIGO BANK NARRANDERA BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
1. Moving On Up kicks off from a 32 week spell but he has shown in the past he comes to hand quickly and fits into this race nicely. Was competitive in much deeper races than this last preparation and draws to get a lovely midfield smother.
Dangers: Blue blood filly 5. Miss Amelia has won three in a row but might have to work to cross from the wide draw here. 12. Enconti was thrown into a TAB Highway Handicap last start and held her own.
How to play it: Moving On Up WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 4:19PM LEETON TOYOTA NARRANDERA CUP (1600 METRES)|
5. Gunga Din has a sense of timing about him now fourth up having hit the line sweetly in the Narooma Cup last start, which looks the logical form race for this. Can settle closer from the low draw and if he finds his form from last preparation, he’ll be in the finish.
Dangers: 2. Hirokin will slide forward in a race without a lot of speed on paper. Bounced back to form last start and a repeat of that has him in the money. 3. Upper House is going as well as ever but suspect the mile sees him out.
How to play it: Gunga Din WIN ($3.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 8 - 4:55PM NARRANDERA EXIES CLUB CLASS 2 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
3. Lady Brook was given her chance to measure up in a Melbourne midweeker at Sandown last start and although beaten she gave a good account of herself, and started second favourite. Belted her rivals in two starts prior to that. Back to a Class 2, she should win.
Dangers: 2. Atomic Sunrise has her first start for Nick Olive having formerly been with Peter and Paul Snowden and brings solid provincial form. Monitor market moves. 1. Would Be King looks to round out the winning chances.
How to play it: Lady Brook WIN ($1.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT