By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Muswellbrook on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 1:00PM TAB - LONG MAY WE PLAY 3YO MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
1. Investor drops back to country grade having been competitive at the provincials in his last two starts. Will run the 1000m right out having run fourth over 1200m at Kembla last start on a Heavy 10, and gets the winkers on to sharpen him up.
Dangers: 8. Superel showed brilliant speed to lead on debut but was weak late to finish 2.5L behind Riccardo. When Investor met Riccardo he was beaten less than a length. 7. Son Of Sampson resumes a gelding.
How to play it: Investor WIN ($2.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 1:40PM HELLOWORLD SCONE MAIDEN PLATE (1750 METRES)|
Didn’t the blinkers do wonders for 4. Thieve! She couldn’t keep up on debut at Dubbo when scrubbed along out the back before the shades went on ahead of Scone and she led at big odds, giving the odds on pop Total Recall something to chase. A repeat of that wins this.
Dangers: 3. Omaka is steadily improving and liked his work through the line last start at Taree. Ran third to Obscene prior to that. 7. Chloebella Rose will appreciate the drop back to country grade.
How to play it: Thieve WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 2:15PM GJ'S BY THE LAKE MAIDEN HANDICAP (1280 METRES)|
3. Golden Missile was 1000m to 1400m last start at Tamworth and that was probably the difference at the end, going down narrowly. Has been hard in the market at all three of her career starts, gets the blinkers on first time and has the speed to offset the wide draw.
Dangers: 2. Chasing Comets will be smoking to the line late, and have liked the way he has trialled this time back, but this trip is as short as he wants. Looks a miler. 7. Arzu should lead and strips fitter second up.
How to play it: Golden Missile WIN ($2 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 2:50PM DK HEAVY PLANT SERVICES BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
8. Pearl Roan was impressive in her two wins last preparation, winning from in front and well back, and over 1100m and 900m. First up last preparation she ran a close up third in track record time at Gosford. Has trialled well and is well placed in this.
Dangers: The market may well tell the story regarding how forward 1. Azcannyaz is first up off a lengthy lay off. No doubt has the talent to give this a shake if ready. 4. Snitzagirl disappointed last start at Goulburn but brings a strong SP profile.
How to play it: Pearl Roan WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:25PM DK HEAVY PLANT SERVICES BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1500 METRES)|
1. The Outcast will need to lump 61.5kg but this is a very winnable race for the Paul Perry-trained gelding. Won at this track in dominant fashion two back and maps to get the same cosy run from barrier 1 again. Has been good in two runs since, in tougher company.
Dangers: Take out 4. Dashing ’n’ Daring’s last start flop when sent around $2.40 at Taree and he’s right in this, but you need to take him on trust. 8. Little Miss Nic is on trial at the trip but could relish it.
How to play it: The Outcast WIN ($4 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:00PM BENGALLA CUP (1280 METRES)|
2. Manhattan Mist fits into this race well. The Kim Waugh-trained galloper was nosed out by Darleb in town first up before running fifth behind Best Stone at Canterbury. He didn’t find the rails-in-run which was such a big advantage there. Placed to win.
Dangers: 5. Trophies Galore has been knocking on the door for a while now and will run well again. It was December 2017 when 4. Drachenfels last won a race but he is ticking over okay at the moment for Jeremy Sylvester.
How to play it: Manhattan Mist WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 4:35PM NATIONAL JOCKEYS TRUST CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
10. Tudor Music has some very handy two-year-old form to her name including a narrow second to Sunborn on debut and a third in the Black Opal Preview when hard in the market. Could have done a touch more in her trials but is placed to win fresh.
Dangers: 2. Toto recovered from a poor start last time out to win in style. He’s a very smart horse but is still learning and the wide draw looks tricky. This is a very deep Class 1. 7. Lily Pilly beat La Charge last start, who since matched motors with La Girl.
How to play it: Tudor Music EACH WAY ($10 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS