By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Moruya on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 1:25PM HARCOURTS REAL ESTATE BATEMANS BAY MAIDEN PLATE (1650 METRES)|
11. Jac The Great has a string of seconds to her name this campaign having bumped into handy gallopers Much Much Better and Loving Cilla in her last two starts. The winkers go on, she steps out to the mile and draws perfectly. Time to knock that maiden off.
Dangers: 6. Think Rush was a beaten odds on pop last start but was hardly disgraced. Can bounce back. 8. Aunty’s run two back at Wyong goes close here. Her last start at Wyong wouldn’t though. She’s not very consistent.
How to play it: Jac The Great WIN ($1.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 2:00PM MADDISON WRIGHT CHAMPION PICNIC JOCKEY 2019/20 CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1010 METRES)|
1. California August is a fascinating runner, stepping out for Natalie Jarvis for the first time. Has placed in three races in town so there’s no doubting his class but can he overcome the wide draw, a trip short of his best and the 61kg impost?
Dangers: Respect the winning form of 9. Heaven Or Hell. She is back in trip from 1200m but was an impressive all-the-way winner at the Sapphire Coast last start. Hard fit, imagine the same daring tactics will be on display here.
How to play it: California August WIN ($3.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 3 - 2:35PM BATEMANS BAY SEAHAWKS AFL CLUB MAIDEN PLATE (1300 METRES)|
9. So Say You only has to hold her form to win this. Her maiden win is imminent if her form this time back is anything to go by with a second at Haweskbury before running third behind Loving Cilla. Drawn well. No excuses.
Dangers: 11. Boomahnoomoonah was left flatfooted last start. She looks suited slightly out in trip and was heavily backed there too. 8. Lady Ivy is racing as well as ever for Wade Mathie.
How to play it: So Say You WIN ($2.90 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 4 - 3:10PM MAUREEN KINROSS MEMORIAL CLASS 2 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
Tipping 8. Choccy Gaf to bounce back after a poor first up run in Highway company. That was seven weeks ago. The gelding’s form prior to that is easily good enough to win this. Ran fourth at Randwick only back in July.
Dangers: 6. Boom And Zoom is typically so consistent so forgive her last start while 9. Lord Desanimaux can sprint well fresh. 11. Sir Eagle was beaten by Choccy Gaf last preparation but his best is still ahead of him.
How to play it: Choccy Gaf WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:50PM BAY COAST CLEANING BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1425 METRES)|
2. Prince Aurelius should have no excuses now fitness-wise third and won his maiden in great style at this track back in September. Has been a touch disappointing in his two runs this campaign but he’ll make his own luck again and willing to give him another chance.
Dangers: 1. Noble Belle did enough first up in the Belle Of The South. Didn’t threaten the winner but out to 1400m suits now second up. Can 4. Romeo Vella back up his big last start win? 6. Hypernicus will be rattling home.
How to play it: Prince Aurelius EACH WAY ($8.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:30PM CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION & LANDSCAPING CHRISTMAS FLYING (1010 METRES)|
7. Major Time blew his rivals away at Albury two starts ago before he was only beaten two lengths at Warwick Farm in a midweeker. He started hard in the market there too. Has the speed to offset the wide draw.
Dangers: There are plenty. 1. Rafha’s Choice came from the clouds to win first up last preparation. Could repeat that. The wide draw is the knock for 3. Revitup Rednut in what looks a very even race.
How to play it: Major Time WIN ($4.40 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 5:10PM 2EC & POWER FM CHRISTMAS CUP (1300 METRES)|
3. Hay Bale maps to get the run of the race and he looks ready to win now third up. The seven-year-old ran sixth at Canberra last start after leading but he was right there until the last 50m before being swamped.
Dangers: 10. Scarleo is a frustration to punters but has to be respected yet again. 14. Concrete will have company up front but the front-runner won’t know himself with 53.5kg.
How to play it: Hay Bale WIN ($9.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT