By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Moruya on Sunday.
The rail is in the True and the form has been done for a Soft track.
|Race 1 - 12:20PM SOUTHERN PERFORMANCE AUTO SPARES SHOWCASE MAIDEN HANDICAP (1010 METRES)|
6. Farage wasn’t clean away at Sappire Coast first up but like how he found the line. Strips fitter for that and this race sets up well for him to chalk up his maiden given the speed that’ll he will tuck in behind.
Dangers: 2. Our Fox was hard in the market at Hawkesbury last start and the drop back in trip looks to suit. Ex Godolphin gelding 4. Kattegat warrants respect as does 11. Karlaina having bumped into a smart one at Wagga on debut.
How to play it: Farage WIN ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 2 - 12:55PM EUROBODALLA DISASTER RELIEF FUND SHOWCASE MAIDEN PLATE (1425 METRES)|
4. Your Eyes Only has a wide draw to overcome but expect this loping four-year-old to really find the line first up over 1400m. Was fourth at Kembla Grange the last time we saw him, where he comfortably held one of his main dangers here in 3. Willy Wilson.
Dangers: 13. Rubaiya fought out the finish at the Sapphire Coast first up with an odds on pop suggesting a maiden win isn’t far away. 8 Gambler’s Quest has been knocking on the door for a while and only has to hold his form to figure in the finish again.
How to play it: Your Eyes Only WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:30PM HELLOWORLD TRAVEL MORUYA SHOWCASE CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1425 METRES)|
3. Globalize bolted in at the Sapphire Coast last start and only has to hold that now to go back-to-back having finally broken through. The time was quicker than the BM58 on the same day and has to speed to overcome the wide draw.
Dangers: 4. Boom And Zoom did what was expected of her last start when heavily supported but don’t think there is as much between her and 5. Hajduk as the market suggests, using Zelago as a guide. 2. Collectively is a big improver.
How to play it: Globalize WIN ($3.90 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 4 - 2:05PM LJ HOOKER MORUYA SHOWCASE BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1010 METRES)|
8. Art Cadeau is the most lightly-raced galloper in this field but he was a strong winner on debut beating Exotic Deel. Hasn’t had an official trial but trusting that Terry Robinson will have the three-year-old primed first up to remain undefeated.
Dangers: There’s a stack of speed engaged in this which makes the task of speedster 6. Eltham Palace tough from the draw. 4. Farthing Wood will appreciate the good tempo while 2. Major Danger is the class runner.
How to play it: Art Cadeau WIN ($3.30 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 2:40PM MORUYA COUNTRY MARKETS SHOWCASE CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1650 METRES)|
1. Hemmerle’s last start run was better than it reads after making an early move and being seven weeks between runs.
Dangers: 8. Against The Tide is very honest, loves this track and drops 6kg from last start.
How to play it: Hemmerle WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:20PM CURTIS & CLOUD.COM.AU COUNTRY MAGIC CLASS 3 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
6. Pauper launches his preparation on his home deck and if he returns anywhere near the form he showed last campaign, he’ll give this race a shake. The four-year-old’s run in a Highway Handicap after being slowly away was enormous.
Dangers: 7. Revitup Rednut was dominant at his first outing for another local trainer in Greg Backhouse. Has to stretch that form to 1200m now but 8. Heavenly Thunder has since franked the form. The drop back in trip is the query for 1. Perfect Pitch.
How to play it: Pauper WIN ($11 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 4:00PM MITRE 10 SHOWCASE MORUYA TOWN PLATE (1200 METRES)|
3. Leami Astray absolutely loves this track! The mare has raced at Moruya eight times for five wins and three seconds. She was a beaten favourite first up at Kembla Gramge but was six weeks between runs and knocked up the last 100m.
Dangers: 1. Super Star Bob has drawn off the track but you only have to look at his second to Cuba last preparation to get a line on how classy he is. 6. Crafty Tycoon and 9. Heaven On Earth will be coming hardest late.
How to play it: Leami Astray EACH WAY ($15 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 8 - 4:40PM AMH AUTO GROUP SHOWCASE MORUYA CUP (1425 METRES)|
5. Thy Kingdom Come was entitled to knock up late first up in town given how hard he went in front. He’ll derive plenty of benefit from that and although he hasn’t won for over a year, he hasn’t struck a race this suitable.
Dangers: 8. Peyton Place is flying at the moment. This is a sharp rise in grade but can’t knock the four-year-old. Two roughies for the exotics are 6. No Escape and 10. Cuban Belle.
How to play it: Thy Kingdom Come WIN ($4 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS