By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Hawkesbury.
|Race 1 - 12:10PM BERT HETERICK MEMORIAL 3YO MAIDEN PLATE (1000 METRES)|
6. Kittyhawk Flyer comes out of a deep enough race at Gosford first up to justify tipping her as favourite in this winnable 1000m dash. The runner up Comonic has since won himself while the fifth placed Chalkley subsequently ran second at Canterbury.
Dangers: Always wary of debutants in races with a perceived lack of depth. 5. Falreine did enough in her trials to warrant respect. Monitor market confidence. 4. Dozzy Devine best of the rest.
How to play it: Kittyhawk Flyer WIN ($3.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 12:45PM HAPPY 50TH BRETTO 2YO MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)|
3. Deficit ran Park Avenue to a nose at Wyong on debut before the wide draw proved costly at Gosford second, forcing the son of Snitzel to give away too big of a start. Jumps out to 1400m but maps to settle much closer than last start.
Dangers: 6. Russian Ruble found the line well on debut at Canterbury behind Cape Breton giving the impression he’ll appreciate the extra journey. 7. Abenaki improved sharply second up and her last start sixth also suggests she wants further.
How to play it: Deficit WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:20PM NEPEAN BOLTMASTER PROV & CTRY MAIDEN HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
3. War Cabinet pulled up with cardiac arrhythmia the last time we saw him at the races so forget that. Loved the way this lightly-raced five-year-old trialled at Rosehill recently. Has had plenty of chances already but at the price, might be worth one more.
Dangers: 5. Extravagant Lass did enough on debut at Goulburn and looks suited out to 1300m from 1000m. It’s the same set up for 4. Eminencia jumping in trip off a solid fifth at Kembla Grange.
How to play it: War Cabinet WIN ($9.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 1:55PM MICWAY MAIDEN HANDICAP (1500 METRES)|
11. Reach Beyond presents at his top now third up and is right down in the weights. Those two things alone will take him a long way in what is a very winnable maiden. Can race handy as well. Tricky race, however.
Dangers: 1. Alvin The Bold ran Sian to half a length on debut at Hawkesbury before being beaten a long way out to the mile seven weeks later. Resuming over 1500m suggests he is ready to go fresh.
How to play it: Reach Beyond WIN ($4.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 5 - 2:30PM SYNERGY CONSTRUCTION SUPPLIES CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1500 METRES)|
The majority of this field come through the same Kembla Grange Class 1 and although 2. Crosscube ran fifth there, it was a race dominated by the closers. Like the way he held off Jimmy’s Dream on debut. With any on pace favours, he’ll be hard to run down.
Dangers: 5. California Sky was in for the fight at Goulburn last start, breaking through at start six. He can go on with it now. It’s a similar case for last start winner 3. Supreme Leader, lining up over the same track and trip.
How to play it: Crosscube WIN ($6.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:10PM BLAKES MARINE BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
1. Snitzari has a class edge on her rivals and she loves wet ground with two of her three career wins coming on heavy tracks. Tackles this first up but has trialled up well and the 3kg claim of Dylan Gibbons is invaluable.
Dangers: 4. Undeniable got her preparation back on track last start. She’s typically a very genuine filly and we know the wet won’t stop her. 5. Chervil will be screaming home at the finish.
How to play it: Snitzari WIN ($1.65 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 3:45PM KONSTRUKT CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
9. Shotgun Alli kept finding to win at Gosford first up and the runner up has since franked the form by winning at Wyong since. Looks well placed by Ron Quinton to make it back-to-back wins. After a couple of key scratchings, she’s hard to beat.
Dangers: 6. Greek Star was well backed at Goulburn last start and he was in for the fight at the finish. Jean Van Overmeire sticks with the Zoustar gelding and he’ll roll forward to make his own luck.
How to play it: Shotgun Alli WIN ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 8 - 4:21PM ROYAL RICHMOND HOTEL BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1800 METRES)|
8. Rukita found 1500m a touch sharp at his first run in Australian for Joe Pride but out to 1800m on another heavy track sets up perfectly for the former Kiwi. Had support in betting there too. It’s a race with plenty of chances and she’s among them.
Dangers: 2. Karmazone drops back a peg for this and is always a chance of powering home over the top. 5. Bob is 3:1-1-1 over this track and trip and forget he ever ran last start, chasing a brutal early tempo. 4. Peekay’s Legacy hard to beat too.
How to play it: Rukita EACH WAY ($7 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT