By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Dubbo on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 1:35PM EZYQUIP HIRE CG&E MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
3. Kaufusi started hard in the market in all three of his runs in his first preparation. He didn’t deliver but wasn’t far away either. Now in the hands of Will Freedman the three-year-old colt finds himself in a Dubbo maiden. It’s likely he’s a touch too classy for these.
Dangers: First starter 4. Quan has trialled nicely ahead of his debut for Mark Schmetzer. His first ever trial was in town, hinting that the stable have a high opinion of him. 9. Riva Rialto’s maiden win is imminent.
How to play it: Kaufusi WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 - 2:10PM AQUA WEST F&M MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
12. Lishades has put two great runs together this time back and only has to hold her form to be in the money again. She was no match for Missile Magic at Warren but it was another 2.5 lengths back to third. On the back up, she’s ready to win.
Dangers: 8. Inferno Miss for Scone-based trainer Stephen Jones has had eight cracks to break her maiden but might be worth another chance having found such a winnable race. Did enough in a recent trial on her home track.
How to play it: Lishades WIN Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 3 - 2:45PM FURNEY'S HORSELAND MAIDEN PLATE (1300 METRES)|
This is the easiest race that 9. Reach Beyond has ever contested. The three-year-old had to duck and weave when fourth at Scone at his second ever start before holding his own in a Newcastle mile race won by Blaze A Trail.
Dangers: 2. Capital Venture made an immediate impression for his new yard four weeks ago taking ground off Blackadder, who has subsequently won again. 3. Danza In The Dark rates a mention but is too well found in early betting.
How to play it: Reach Beyond WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 3:20PM DUBBO RSL CLUB RESORT CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
1. Great Buy had his first start for Brett Robb a fortnight ago at Dubbo and like the way the former South Aussie found the line behind What The Fuss. Back to a Class 1 and with senior rider Anthony Cavallo going on, he’s hard to hold out.
Dangers: 4. Ginger’s Voice will likely lead this field up and give a sight. Bolted in at Dubbo to win his maiden last preparation, albeit over 1300m, and has trialled nicely this time back.
How to play it: Great Buy WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:55PM WAYNE MALLISON PAINTING AND DECORATOR CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
1. Kiss And Tell never gave her rivals a chance at Moree clocking faster times than the two Class 2’s and the BM66. That was her first run for John Bourke having formerly been trained at Rosehill. A repeat of that wins this too.
Dangers: Very wary of 5. La Trioli on the strength of her Queensland form, boasting a second to Super Giant in April. This is her first run for Cam Crockett. 3. Angie Emm resumes after a terrific first campaign, finishing top three in all five runs.
How to play it: Kiss And Tell WIN Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 6 - 4:30PM CHILL-RITE CHRISTMAS RACE DAY BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
3. Risk And Reward always runs well fresh (4:1-1-1). First up last preparation he sat outside of the leader and bolted in. His form can taper off as he gets into his campaign. Has run recent seconds to Kookabaa and Morpheus.
Dangers: 6. All Hollywood has won two of her past three and her recent trial suggests she’ll hold that form. Drawn low and possesses a big finish. Big watch on 5. Deploys Alone having start in NSW.
How to play it: Risk And Reward WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 5:05PM MCDONALDS DUBBO AND WELLINGTON CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
5. Witness Collector is racing as well as ever, is rock hard fit and will spear forward to make his own luck. The four-year-old comes off a third placing in a Highway and that was on a heavy track. On top of the ground he has won four from eight.
Dangers: 3. Brother Bassy trialled in a manner which suggests he can only run well. Aaron Bullock rode him in the trial and sticks with him here. 7. Blackadder has won two on the bounce in good fashion.
How to play it: Witness Collector WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 8 - 5:40PM MAAS GROUP BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
4. For Da Boys won well enough at Moree last start to suggest he can make the next step here. Not many of his rivals bring winning form and the good track is key to his chances. Can roll across to take up a forward spot.
Dangers: 5. Ludivine was no match for Tempel One last start at Scone but few horses racing at this level would have been. Wasn’t far away in a Highway at Rosehill prior to that behind Amy’s Shadown.
How to play it: For Da Boys WIN Odds & Evens: SPLIT