By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Coonamble.
|Race 1 - 12:10PM GERONIMO NEW HOLLAND 2YO SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
It’s all about the trial form for this two-year-old race and Kody Nestor’s 8. Rubick Sun looks the pick of them. He cruised through the line in a Dubbo heat on a heavy track, spacing the third horse. Still looked to have plenty up his sleeve.
Dangers: 6. Avalicious trialled well behind open class country sprinter Good Time Charlie at Dubbo while 1. All I Wish For was also held together behind five-time winner Wild Moon in his Quirindi heat. Monitor market moves very closely.
How to play it: Rubick Sun WIN ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 2 - 12:45PM BOSS AGRICULTURE SHOWCASE 3YO & UP MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
16. Spritza Seritza surged late first up to run Lady River to a length at Scone and the winner has won again since. Hadn’t shown much in her two preparations prior but happy to trust that she has returned a much stronger horse this time back.
Dangers: Like the way 4. Spirit Of Pluto has found the line in his last two starts, the latest of those back to 1000m. Gets his chance out to 1200m for the first time. 17. Maggies Time is a must for exotics.
How to play it: Spritza Seritza WIN ($3.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 3 - 1:20PM MOE JACOBS PLUMBING SHOWCASE MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
12. Lozenger hasn’t had much luck with barriers over her career and finally drawing a gate could see her park in a winning position. Her last start fourth was much better than it reads on paper having covered ground.
Dangers: 6. Tintern Power comes through that same race. 13. My Khaleesi kept chasing at the end of a mile on a heavy track last start while 14. She’s No Princess looks the likely leader again and will appreciate getting out to this trip.
How to play it: Lozenger WIN ($8.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 4 - 1:55PM AHRENS SHOWCASE CG&E CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
3. Legal Zou ran out an emphatic winner of his maiden last start at Dubbo on a heavy track. That was only his third start for Brett Robb. Clayton Gallagher sticks and will know that the gelding has the early speed to overcome a wide draw.
Dangers: 1. Write On wasn’t far away from Charvet last start and he has handled wet tracks in the past. His maiden win at Newcastle came on a soft track. This is a winnable race for him.R
How to play it: Legal Zou WIN ($3.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 5 - 2:30PM COONAMBLE FEEDLOT SHOWCASE F&M CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
9. Jesellix comes out of a couple of handy form races at her last two starts. This is easier and against her own sex. Like the booking of senior rider Andrew Banks too. Hasn’t raced on anything worse than a Good 4 but there’s only one way to find out if she handles it.
Dangers: 5. Havelka is onto his fifth trainer with Gavin Groth. Has only won one from 27 starts but he has rarely found himself in such a suitable race. The wet track shouldn’t hold any fears either.
How to play it: Jesellix WIN ($11 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 6 - 3:10PM SWANNY’S FOODS SHOWCASE CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
11. Tells Tails was allowed to stride to the front last start at Dubbo and she relished that role, bolting in. That was on a wet track over 1100m. Faces a similar task here and although there is more depth in this, expect similar bold tactics.
Dangers: The wetter the better for 2. Costas to offset the fact that 1100m is as short as he wants it. 1. Scout won at the Picnics last start, his first for Peter Sinclair but his form prior was rock solid. No knock on 3. Fox Spirit.
How to play it: Tells Tails WIN ($4.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 3:45PM NUTRIEN AG SOLUTIONS SHOWCASE COONAMBLE CANNONBALL (1100 METRES)|
11. Classy Rebel is airborne this preparation, winning three of his five starts. The latest of those was an eight length demolition job in the Gulgong Cup on a heavy track. Expect him to go straight to the front and keep running again.
Dangers: 5. Atilla found the 1000m too sharp last start, dropping back from 1200m. Handles the wet and back out in trip suits. Will be charging late. 3. Beacon will park up behind the speed and get his chance.
How to play it: Classy Rebel WIN ($3.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 4:21PM QUBE AGRI BENCHMARK 58 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
2. Fanmalia won at Dubbo over the mile last start and it looks the strongest reference in this race with Slatey Bay since franking the form. Goes up 2kg but there isn’t anything to suggest that he won’t beat a similar field again here. Same jockey, likes wet tracks and maps well.
Dangers: 10. Ollivander gave a sight from outside of the leader when third behind Fanmalia. 1. Toulon Factor is a promising miler but would need a dry track to turn the tables. 11. Sensacova the best roughie.
How to play it: Fanmalia WIN ($ 4.80 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS