By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Coonamble on Sunday.
|Race 1 - 12:54PM DAD & DAVE TURF AND EVERGREEN TURF MAIDEN HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
3. Godfrey Park has been around the mark in most of his six career wins, threatening to knock off his maiden. Has been hard in the market in his latest four outings too. Resumes here off a 10 week break and like the way the four-year-old trialled at Scone.
Dangers: 1. Activation is a former Chris Waller-trained galloper now with Kody Nestor. Was only beaten 1.8L at Warwick Farm at his second ever start and trialled well at Dubbo. 10. Post Free next best.
How to play it: Godfrey Park WIN ($9 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 2 - 1:29PM AUSTRALIAN TURF CLUB MAIDEN PLATE (1100 METRES)|
The last time we saw 2. The Poet at the races he jumped $3.40 and went down fighting at Mudgee, his home deck. In third was the handy Harley Fat Boy. Like the way this four-year-old coasted to the line in a recent trial at Scone suggesting he is spot on first up.
Dangers: 7. Riders Inthe Stand was competitive last preparation against horses that’d measure up here including Highway winner Amy’s Shadow. Blinkers go back on. 11. Knickerbockerglory is one for the multiples.
How to play it: The Poet WIN ($3 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 2:04PM SOUTHERN CROSS TURF AND ELITE SAND & SOIL CLASS 2 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
8. Kootaloo has run in two deep races since being transferred from Bjorn Baker to Brett Cavanough, firstly behind Ice In Vancouver before being caught deep at Scone behind Depth That Varies. This is winnable for the four-year-old.
Dangers: 3. What The Fuss was run down at Dubbo when second but it suggests another win isn’t far away. 5. Witness Collector looked as if he was going to drop out at Dubbo last start but came again. Staying at 1100m is a little query.
How to play it: Kootaloo WIN ($8 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 2:39PM SWANNY'S FROZEN FOODS CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
2. Crackerjack Kenny is getting costly to punters with a run of placings but he did charge home to run second in a Highway Handicap last start. Back to a Coonamble Class 1 he won’t have any excuses when out to add another win to his record.
Dangers: 3. Fitzroy Boy got control when having his first crack at 1400m last start and gave his Scone rivals a galloping lesson. He's the most lightly-raced galloper in this field.
How to play it: Crackerjack Kenny WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:15PM LOCH LOMOND BORDER LEICESTER STUD BARADINE CUP BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
2. My Blue Jeans is an iron horse having been up since March but he’s as tough as he is consistent. The six-year-old grey is never far away and broke a run of near misses with a dominant win at Bathurst last start. Well placed to win again.
Dangers: 10. Sparks looks ready to win himself now fifth up for Damien Lane, out to 1400m. His last win was over this trip and he showed last start when second at Taree that he has his hoof on the till.
How to play it: My Blue Jeans WIN ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 3:59PM THE KEADY FAMILY COONAMBLE CRYSTAL SPRINT (1200 METRES)|
There’s a case to be made for most runners here so siding with 5. Good Time Charlie at odds. He took the shortcuts home to run third at Dubbo last start but that was behind Jailbreak and Sneak Preview. Either of those would win this.
Dangers: 10. Aristograts was heavily backed at his first outing for Rodney Northam. He didn’t win but did enough but the 62kg. Drops down to 55kg and strips fitter. Big watch on 6. Lifetime Quest. His best would win this.
How to play it: Good Time Charlie EACH WAY ($23 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 - 4:39PM GERONIMO- NEW HOLLAND AGRICULTURE COONAMBLE CUP (1600 METRES)|
7. Toulon Brook was a fourth up winner last preparation and he looks to present here at his best. Was no match for the winner in the Bathurst Cup but he found the line to run second. Didn’t have much room late when fourth to 1. Zaunkonig prior to that.
Dangers: Zaunkonig is the last start Dubbo Cup winner and with a four week freshen between runs, tackles this feature with a similar lead in. Has 61kg but the class. 8. Charmed Princess will be rattling home from the rear.
How to play it: Toulon Brook EACH WAY ($8 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 5:15PM THE NALDER FAMILY COUNTRY MAGIC CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
Plenty of speed here which plays into the hands of 4. Cosmic Haze. She was beaten by the wide draw at Rosehill last start in a Highway. Draws middle in this and should be too strong for her rivals late fourth up out to the mile.
Dangers: 8. Magic Charlee comes through that same Highway and shouldn’t be disregarded given the price discrepancy. 2. Chambermaid belted her rivals last start but won’t get an easy time of it in front.
How to play it: Cosmic Haze WIN ($3.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS