Saturday’s Group 2 Mostyn Copper Group Missile Stakes at Royal Randwick will be a launching pad for several star sprinters as they head into spring and the Australian Turf Club’s Everest Carnival.
The $200,000 Mostyn Copper Group Missile Stakes over 1200m has drawn together an outstanding field as a number of gallopers press claims for inclusion in the world’s richest race on turf, the $13 million The Everest on 13 October.
The Mostyn Copper Group Missile Stakes is race 7, due to start at 3.30pm.
Several potential Everest contenders are lining up including:
- Godolphin’s boom galloper Kementari ($1.95 TAB Fixed Odds) – winner of the Group 1 Royal Randwick Guineas
- Greg Hickman trained four year old Pierata ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds)
- 2017 Longines Golden Slipper winner She Will Reign ($9 TAB Fixed Odds)
- Bjorn Baker’s pair Music Magnate ($8.50 TAB Fixed Odds) and Egyptian Symbol ($13)
- Showtime for Hawkes Racing, Group 1 placed in the Schweppes All Aged Stakes ($11 TAB Fixed Odds).
- The highly promising Mark Newnham trained Lanciato ($21 TAB Fixed Odds).
Full TAB Fixed Odds Markets for all Royal Randwick races on Saturday can be found here at www.tab.com.au
The Australian Turf Club is yet to fill its slot for The Everest and will watch Saturday’s race along with other key sprints in coming weeks as it draws closer to choosing a runner.
“The Mostyn Copper Group Missile Stakes signifies the start of The Everest pathway, as from this point there are Group sprinting races each week or fortnight until mid-October, all races that could bring horses into calculation,’’ ATC General Manager of Racing James Ross said.
“This year’s renewal of the Mostyn Copper Group Missile Stakes is perhaps the highest quality in over a decade.’’
In the coming weeks star sprinters will continue to race in the Group 3 $150,000 Show County Quality (18 August), Group 3 $160,000 Concorde Stakes (1 September), Group 2 $200,000 The Shorts (15 September) and Group 2 $500,000 Premiere Stakes (29 September).
The Royal Randwick track was rated a Good 4 this morning. Click here for a video interview with Royal Randwick Racecourse Manager Nevesh Ramdhani.
Tickets for all ATC racedays and Everest Carnival are now on sale, and offer up to 20 per cent discounts for early bookings, and further discounts for group bookings.
Royal Randwick and all ATC racecourses provide free parking and free high capacity WiFi.
For all ticketing, racing and general information visit theATC.com.au