By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Mudgee.
|Race 1 - 1:15PM GOOREE FASHIONS ON THE FIELD 2YO HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
1. Blow Dart already has to a win to his name, saluting at Dubbo on debut. He then met Baby Wong at level weights at Tamworth last start and only went down half a length. Drawn well, the only winner here and has a race experience edge over his main dangers.
Dangers: 3. The Sherpa looked sharp in two trial hitouts for Brett Cavanough. The market could be the best guide, as it could be with 9. Sebrini , another first starter but for the powerful Kris Lees stable. Has also trialled well.
How to play it: Blow Dart WIN ($2.20 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 2 - 1:50PM HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)|
2. Dobbin found 1000m a touch sharp at Dubbo on debut before motoring home late at the end of 1300m at Narromine. He is lightly-raced, drawn well enough and sets up to peak third up out to 1400m.
Dangers: Kody Nestor has a strong hand in this with Dobbin’s stablemate 8. Tintern Power profile as a threat. He also looks desperate for 1400m having finished hard over 1100m last start. 1. Deep Impression is a place chance.
How to play it: Dobbin WIN ($4 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 3 - 2:25PM BIRAGANBIL HOMESTEAD & COTTAGES MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
1. All The Shops was given an easy time in his one Scone trial but like how he went to the line, with more to offer. Matthew Palmer sticks for his debut and drawn the inside, he should get his chance. Monitor any market confidence.
Dangers: 2. Keen Idea was 1100m to 1400m last start and despite starting favourite, he never looked likely finishing seventh. Back to 1200m, he is worth another chance on the strength of his debut effort. Big watch on 6. In Memory too.
How to play it: All The Shops WIN ($8.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 4 - 3:00PM PRIZED ICON CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
6. Coco Baci looks ready to win third up back to country company. The four-year-old mare has found the line in both runs back this time in and gets the blinkers on for the first time here. Looks well placed to crack win number two.
Dangers: 10. Always On Show fits a similar profile dropping back from provincial level and peaking third up. Doesn’t have the same turn of foot, however. 12. Supertanker won’t have to do any work to find a good spot in running.
How to play it: Coco Baci WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 5 - 3:35PM GOOREE PARK WINES CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1100 METRES)|
Liked the way 7. Denace closed off at the end of 1100m behind 4. Russbuss last start at Bathurst. A swing at the weights and out to 1200m can see her turn the tables. Will just need some luck from the draw but has the versatility to lead too.
Dangers: 2. Egyptian Missile is close to another win with three placings from four runs this time back. Just missed as $2.15 favourite last start at Goulburn. 1. Undeniable is much better than what she produced first up.
How to play it: Denace WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 - 4:10PM GOOREE PARK GOOREE CUP (1400 METRES)|
7. Amy’s Shadow is probably looking for a mile now deep into a campaign but she is racing so much better than her form suggests on paper. Got chopped out at Bathurst last start just as she was starting to warm up. A fast speed looks to suit her in this.
Dangers: 5. Mackellar’s Love is the likely leader and she won a deep a race at Muswellbrook first up defying her big price. Has won two from two on her home track. 2. A Magic Zariz is a tough nut to crack and will also ride the speed.
How to play it: Amy’s Shadow WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 4:45PM ECJ MEMORIAL BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (2000 METRES)|
5. Fanmalia has returned in great form this time back as evidenced by a convincing win over Spilia at Dubbo two starts ago. He was then tested at provincial level running eighth at Newcastle but he was held up throughout before flashing late.
Dangers: 3. French Response won at Mudgee two starts ago before holding her own in a deeper race than this at Newcastle last start. Like the way 9. Lady Azamour responded to an aggressive ride last start, leading all of the way at Nowra.
How to play it: Fanmalia WIN ($7.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS