As at 3pm, the Randwick track had received 41.8mm rain since 6.30am, bringing the seven day rain total to 148mm. The track has coped extremely well in the conditions presented and is rated a Heavy 9.
The radar indicates additional showers this afternoon but these are expected to ease after 5am tomorrow morning on the best forecasts available to us.
At 5.30am tomorrow, a full track inspection involving Racing NSW Stewards and ATC Track Managers will take place where two horses will gallop on the course proper surface.
By 6am tomorrow, and taking into account the weather and forecast at this time, track condition and feedback from the riders of the two horses, a decision will be made relating to the running of the meeting.
This will allow trainers time to gallop horses engaged if the meeting needs to be postponed. If a postponement is necessary, we are working towards Monday as the target day for the race meeting.