An exciting opportunity exists with Racing NSW as a casual high-speed typist or stenographer at race meetings conducted in the Sydney Metropolitan area.
• Attend race meetings to produce reports from live dictation and perform other administrative functions,
• Production of transcripts from inquiries.
• Proven ability to type at a minimum of 75 wpm;
• Intermediate level Microsoft Word skills and otherwise computer literate;
• Excellent knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Experience in digital transcription software and use of foot pedal for transcription typing of audio recordings is an advantage;
• Previous experience as a transcription typist an advantage, and
• Knowledge of racing parlance and an interest in the thoroughbred racing industry would be an advantage.
Sydney's four metropolitan racetracks, including Randwick and Rosehill as well as opportunities available in the central coast region. You will be required to attend race meetings on Saturdays and midweek race meetings generally on Wednesday and Friday.
Hours of duty:-
12-noon to 6pm, unless otherwise scheduled.
Applicants are to contact Mr Philip Dingwall, Deputy Chairman of Stewards, at Racing NSW - email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 2 March 2018.