Monday, 8 November 2010
59kg Topweight And Weight Spread At Acceptances
59kg Topweight and Weight spread at Acceptances.
Nominations for the Port Macquarie race meeting set for Friday 5 November 2010 closed 1 November 2010.
Weights for the meeting were declared today with a minimum 59kg topweight in all races (2yo races and maidens excluded).
This will be the first race meeting affected by the change to minimum 59kg topweight at weight release time for Country races – an important outcome of the recent Benchmark Review.
It will also be the first meeting to have the weights spread at Acceptance time should weights need to be raised to 57kg.
The weights will be spread according to the horse’s true weight if below the minimum of 54kg (2yo and Maiden races excluded).
The balance of this weekend’s race meetings have weights declared today and also carry the changes.
From the race meeting on Friday 5th November forward:
- all Country race meetings will have weights declared with 59kg the minimum topweight in Handicap races, and the benchmark level of Country Benchmark races is raised 1kg to 59kg, and
- all race meetings Metropolitan, Provincial and Country will utilize the spread of weights at Acceptance time should weights need to be raised to 57kg.
(2yo and maiden races excluded).
The balance of the Benchmark Review changes that also take effect are:
• An additional 1kg allowance for 3yo’s in Open age races of 1800m and further;
• The programming of Class 3 races in Country sector in addition to Class 1 and Class 2 races;
• A discretionary weight allowance for Country performed horses racing in Metropolitan area to be applied by Racing NSW handicappers; and
• The publishing of benchmarks for maiden horses after 10 starts (moved back from 3 starts)
For further information please contact Kerry Jordan at Racing NSW on 9551 7674 or email@example.com